Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 7 Pole To 6 Pole Connector Woes

ajdurling
post Feb 4 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 344

Hi everyone. I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me. Now my question is this. The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it. The camper needs a 6 Pole connector. I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper. I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring. Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before. I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BobC
post Feb 10 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(ajdurling @ Feb 4 2007, 05:31 PM)
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me.  Now my question is this.  The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it.  The camper needs a 6 Pole connector.  I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper.  I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring.  Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before.  I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Andrew

What Brand of Camper is it?
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Mar 9 2008, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

QUOTE(ajdurling @ Feb 4 2007, 04:31 PM)
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me.  Now my question is this.  The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it.  The camper needs a 6 Pole connector.  I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper.  I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring.  Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before.  I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Andrew

If the camper has a battery inside, the lights should work inside even without hooking it up to the truck. If the battery is good the lights inside should work even if the camper is sitting on the jacks.
Gary

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:57 PM