Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 7 Pole To 6 Pole Connector Woes
Truck Camper Forum > General > General Discussion
ajdurling
Hi everyone. I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me. Now my question is this. The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it. The camper needs a 6 Pole connector. I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper. I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring. Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before. I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Andrew
BobC
QUOTE(ajdurling @ Feb 4 2007, 05:31 PM)
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me.  Now my question is this.  The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it.  The camper needs a 6 Pole connector.  I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper.  I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring.  Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before.  I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Andrew

What Brand of Camper is it?
Spanky
QUOTE(ajdurling @ Feb 4 2007, 04:31 PM)
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this camper thing, and managed to have an old coachmen camper given to me.  Now my question is this.  The truck had a 7 pole (big) connector on it.  The camper needs a 6 Pole connector.  I have tried to wire it in, and have all exterior lights but no lights inside the camper.  I just got the truck as well, and it is older, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the wiring.  Has anyone encountered this wiring problem before.  I would love a schematic, but cant seem to find one.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Andrew

If the camper has a battery inside, the lights should work inside even without hooking it up to the truck. If the battery is good the lights inside should work even if the camper is sitting on the jacks.
Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.