Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need a pad under my camper?
Truck Camper Forum > General > General Discussion
2cdneh
I just bought a lightly used Palomino Bronco, which I will be putting in my Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab. I have a spray on liner (Liner-X) and don't know if I should put something between the bed and the camper or not. I would hate to scuff up my liner.

If so, not sure where to get one. I'm in New Brunswick, Canada, and don't have much dealer support - I'm going to have to wait 10 days just to get front tie-downs! (and that was after calling 8 dealers).

Any good mail/internet order companies in Canada - I'd like to avoid duty issues.
LindaH
We never used a pad on a truck we had with a spray-in bed liner. Our current truck doesn't have a spray-in bed liner, so we do use a pad.

We got our pad from a farm supply store, but I'd think that places like Home Depot and similar stores might carry them.
dacoop7
QUOTE(2cdneh @ Jul 27 2009, 12:10 PM)
I just bought a lightly used Palomino Bronco, which I will be putting in my Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab.  I have a spray on liner (Liner-X) and don't know if I should put something between the bed and the camper or not.  I would hate to scuff up my liner.

If so, not sure where to get one.  I'm in New Brunswick, Canada, and don't have much dealer support - I'm going to have to wait 10 days just to get front tie-downs! (and that was after calling 8 dealers).

Any good mail/internet order companies in Canada - I'd like to avoid duty issues.

We just bought a rubber liner (just on the bed) from Pep Boys (an auto parts supplier). I'm thinking you could find one at a parts supplier where you are.
land yacht
I don't think you need a pad + if the camper has a wood bottem the pad may hold moisture?
garbinator
QUOTE(land yacht @ Sep 13 2009, 08:04 PM)
I don't think you need a pad + if the camper has a wood bottem the pad may hold moisture?

The pad keeps the camper from slipping around on the bed (floor) of your truck. The mere weight, assisted by the tie-downs do their part as well. Even with all that, hitting serious road ruts at say 75MPH at O-Dark Thirty as my wife did one night passing through Phoenix, Arz. in a construction area cause for quite a shift to the left I noticed the very next day.

Because of this effect, Camper companies like Lance do not recommend any type of liner either sprayed on or installed within the bed area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.