Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Camper cover? Yes or no?
Truck Camper Forum > General > General Discussion
Xcbiker
I live in the Seattle area where, as you all know, it rains a lot. I don’t have access to covered storage at the moment. Would any of you recommend a cover? If so, what brand/material would you recommend? Thank you.
mbrink
Look forward to the reply's. My camper is outside in Placerville. My current cover is a fitted camper cover, that keeps sun and debris off it, but not rain. Concerned if having a full tarp over it would lead to mold?

I think sun it the biggest issue with outside storage. Wish I had a garage tall enough for the camper.

Considering building a tall garage, but hard to justify spending $75K to protect a $30K camper.

if only more money....
JADE RACING
We are situated in southern Ontario Canada and have used a cover for the last three winters as we snowbird in Florida. I wash and wax in the fall before pulling the cover over the T/C while it is in our truck. Also have a truck cover and we have had some different weather patterns in the past few years. I was impressed at how the stored units have weathered our areas conditions. I use foam pipe insulation on all extruded points on the T/C before installation. In my opinion the savings from having these covered is worth my time as they both come out clean with no mold or residual dirt from the winter snow and early spring rains. If you are interested in a cover search ALL suppliers as some don't work in all conditions.
SidecarFlip
I keep mine inside when it's not being used. Having said that, I kept my last one (Lance) outside and tarped. Hard to beat inside storage though. Don't even have to winterize it, the building is heated in the winter, air conditioned in the summer. I keep the truck in the same building all winter too.
SidecarFlip
I keep mine inside when it's not being used. Having said that, I kept my last one (Lance) outside and tarped. Hard to beat inside storage though. Don't even have to winterize it, the building is heated in the winter, air conditioned in the summer. I keep the truck in the same building all winter too.
SidecarFlip
MiCasaLay
I keep my Eagle Cap 1165 on the truck, and under a steel RV carport built by EagleCarports for about $4000. It is about 14 feet high and has a 13' x 31' footprint. It has 3' side panels at the top, otherwise the sides are open with legs every 5'.
It keeps rain and sun off but I still have to winterize because of course it is not heated.
I am very satisfied with it.
Xcbiker
Thanks for your feedback folks. Much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.