Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Northern Lite and newer Chevy 3500 DRW
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
Xcbiker
Hey all, I’m having a NL 10-2 SE delivered in March. I have a 2016 Chevy 3500 DRW CC D/A 4x4. I’m told the camper will be around 3400 Lbs dry, so I’m figuring ~ 4200 wet and loaded. Does anyone have this setup or a similar wet weight? If so, did you need airbags to level? I may tow a cargo trailer as well but it shouldn’t have a high tongue weight. Thanks — just trying to decide if I should get the bags installed now, or wait and see.
Chief 2
QUOTE(Xcbiker @ Jan 26 2018, 04:25 PM)
Hey all, I’m having a NL 10-2 SE delivered in March.  I have a 2016 Chevy 3500 DRW CC D/A 4x4.  I’m told the camper will be around 3400 Lbs dry, so I’m figuring ~ 4200 wet and loaded.  Does anyone have this setup or a similar wet weight?  If so, did you need airbags to level?  I may tow a cargo trailer as well but it shouldn’t have a high tongue weight.  Thanks — just trying to decide if I should get the bags installed now, or wait and see.

I don't have the same set up, but I would wait and see how the truck handles the camper before throwing money at suspension mods. You may not need the bags.
SidecarFlip
If it was my truck, I have the bags installed anyway. They do make for a more stable, less roll prone ride when cornering. You have plenty of truck but it's always good to have that 'little extra', just in case.
Xcbiker
QUOTE(SidecarFlip @ Jan 27 2018, 12:39 PM)
If it was my truck, I have the bags installed anyway.  They do make for a more stable, less roll prone ride when cornering.  You have plenty of truck but it's always good to have that 'little extra', just in case.

Xcbiker
Thanks for your replies folks....much appreciated.
SidecarFlip
I have air lift bags on my 1 ton and there is an added benefit that a lot of people don't realize and that is, lightly inflated (I keep mine at a minimum 5 psi all the time, loaded or not), lightly inflated bags take that annoying kick out of the suspension when crossing tar strips unloaded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.