Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Bed Mats
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
Freespool
Since I am somewhat new to truck camping I am following the advice of others, and learning as I go. My latest purchase was a Dee Zee bed mat for my 8 foot bed. For those of you who need to pay very close attention to your gross weight be advised that my mat weighted 57 pounds. That's the weight of a #24 battery for something that's not much different than a piece of carpet under your TC.
DA TOAD
QUOTE(Freespool @ Jun 15 2016, 07:04 PM)
Since I am somewhat new to truck camping I am following the advice of others, and learning as I go.  My latest purchase was a Dee Zee bed mat for my 8 foot bed.  For those of you who need to pay very close attention to your gross weight be advised that my mat weighted 57 pounds.  That's the weight of a #24 battery for something that's not much different than a piece of carpet under your TC.

Yes...those rubber mats are heavy but worth every ounce of weight to keep the TC from moving.
Freespool
Congratulations Da Toad on your TC. I saw that you recently bought that 1140. I have been looking and comparing for close to a year now and keep coming back to the same model. The truck has been bought and soon will be outfitted with a super hitch, Tallons, Fasguns, stable loads and the Helll Wig air bag. The big Eagle Caps are great but the weight and cost is a bit much. I like the 116ds Adventure and can do the weight but it is a little shy on cabinet space for clothes. The 1140 with it's 8 cubic foot fridge, heavy duty slide assembly, big tanks and lots of cabinets make it a clear winner for my needs. I just wish more people sold them in So Cal. I have missed the up coming run in August and will probably have to wait for the first run in 2017 during the winter. I plan to order over the phone and drive up for a W/C, that way I can make a mini vacation out of the trip and by doing this I will save money and also not have to worry about some yahoo jacking up my investment during transport. I can hardly wait to take my bass boat on vacation. Rental boats just don't cut it for the type of fishing I normally do. Keep us posted while you enjoy your new truck camper.

DA TOAD
Getting it this Friday....can't wait.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.