Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Small camper (6'6) in large bed (8')?
Truck Camper Forum > General > Matching Truck and Camper
MattM
Hi Forum,

I joined to asked you guys a question I couldn't get the answer on Google so far: can I use a small truck camper on a truck with a larger bed? Lets say a 6'6 camper in a 8' bed? I only find opinions for vice versa.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

parrotfever
QUOTE(MattM @ May 2 2016, 10:16 AM)
Hi Forum,

I joined to asked you guys a question I couldn't get the answer on Google so far: can I use a small truck camper on a truck with a larger bed? Lets say a 6'6 camper in a 8' bed? I only find opinions for vice versa.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

You'll just have to check bed height clearance and jack width clearance and make adjustments as necessary. I carried a 'Durango' size camper on a full size bed - built a 4"x4" frame to raise the camper high enough to clear the sides. This left plenty of room in the bed outside the camper for additional storage. You've got lots of possibilities. I've now moved up in camper size but still carry the camper set back on the tailgate & use the space up front for battery & gear storage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.