Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: F150 Load Limit
Truck Camper Forum > General > Truck Camper Specs
cwag34
I have a 2005 F150 4x4, 5.4L, 6.5ft bed with the factory tow package. I have been towing a travel trailer with dry weight of 5700lbs (no problems). I am now considering a truck camper as a replacement for the trailer (do not like towing). Anyone know carrying capacity of my truck. Interested in a lightweight TC with slide out for cross country trip summer '07.
gus
QUOTE(cwag34 @ Oct 18 2006, 03:53 AM)
I have a 2005 F150 4x4, 5.4L, 6.5ft bed with the factory tow package.  I have been towing a travel trailer with dry weight of 5700lbs (no problems).  I am now considering a truck camper as a replacement for the trailer (do not like towing).  Anyone know carrying capacity of my truck.  Interested in a lightweight TC with slide out for cross country trip summer '07.

I just joined the forum, in case you havent got your answer yet, you can look at your drivers side door panel. It will have vehicle ratings, GVWR (Gross) and front and rear axle ratings. Take the GVWR and subtract your truck weight, you can find the shipping weight by entering your vin at the motorcraft web page. The diiference is what you can haul (legally). You can upgrade your truck springs to help carry more. Firestone make some air springs that are to install yourself that will bring you to 3000 or more for load. Hope this helps, but I am looking as well for a new camper, upgrading springs, etc, and keeping my dry weight to aroung 1500 or less. I havent found any slide outs that are that light. Of course up here in Alaska our selection is not as big. Hope this helps.
toby
There are several makes and models for 1/2 ton pickups. Lance makes the 805 model, and Travel like makes light ones as well along with other brands
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.