Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Happijac jack height
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
dacoop7
I have a Lance 815 on my 6'6 bed F150. Everything works great, except to unload/load. My truck is factory, yet the jacks aren't tall enough to lift the camper off the bed without using wood blocks or something. This also makes it much more unstable at the time, until I lower it down quite a bit.

Is this normal? Has anyone found a better solution? It seems it should be very easy to lift the camper off of such a small truck!
dwestmodesto
QUOTE(dacoop7 @ May 13 2009, 08:54 AM)
I have a Lance 815 on my 6'6 bed F150.  Everything works great, except to unload/load.  My truck is factory, yet the jacks aren't tall enough to lift the camper off the bed without using wood blocks or something.  This also makes it much more unstable at the time, until I lower it down quite a bit.

Is this normal?  Has anyone found a better solution?  It seems it should be very easy to lift the camper off of such a small truck!

I had to run out to HomeDepot and grab 4 deck pier blocks when I bought my camper. Jacks worked to get camper off sellers trucks, but I have a 4wd, and my bed was about 6 inches higher.
Worked great with the concrete blocks.
Good Luck,
Dave
PapaMac
I run into the same problem loading my old 69 caveman on a 97 f250 It was scary to be sure. Now I bought a 99 F350 4x4 and am having to modify the camper rear wheel well storage areas because the 99 is narrower in the back, Have to take out 2 1/2 " each side. As for lift, I splurged on a Stablelift system as I have a messed up back so 50 trips around pumpin jacks wont have to plague me anymore, and it will lift it high enough for the 4x4. You might see if the clamps on your jacks are all the way up if it has clamps.
CumminsTurbo22
i was thinking about taking fence post and sliding them in. but i havent look far into yet, i gotta figure out the sidewall thickness and the totall thickness of the fence poll to work properly. but yeah other than that i use 8x12 bricks to get it off my truck.
Phil Saran
I have electric jacks on my camper, it is set up manually (no remote..yet)
but I did need to build blocks out of double 4x4's and 2x8's to get the camper
high enough to clear my 4x4 truck bed. It seems pretty stable, but then I
also lower it back down onto a set of 3/4" plywood x's that sit 24" off the
ground to help support the weight of the camper. My storage pad is concret.
bustwelve
Happijac sells 6" extensions. My TC came with them. I would recommend Apache RV or search the web. I found this:

http://lci1.com/storecatalog/530000-6-lift-extenders.htm

or

http://www.twinsrecreation.com/RV-HappiJac...m_p_121426.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.