Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Ride control experiences
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
dubob
In the continuing the search for ride control, I’ve once again made a change to my suspension system. I started by installing an AirLift air bag system with on-board compressor. Actually, my local Camping World store sold it to me and installed it. The first system failed (lost air pressure) 4 times in 2 months and had to be returned to the shop for repairs. So after discussing the situation with CW and AirLift, a second system was installed at no cost to me. This system lasted less than a month and failed (lost air pressure) on my first camping trip to the Uinta Mountains here in Utah. I went back to CW and said enough was enough and could I get the system removed and get a full credit for it. They said ‘No problem.’ I applied the credit towards the purchase and installation of a Voyager Back-Up Camera system. And even though the Voyager actually cost a little more than my credit, the waived the difference and called it even for all my troubles with the AirLift system. It’s very hard to beat customer service like that.

So now, what do I do to improve the ride control? Get on the Net and do some research – what else? What I came up with was I’ve ordered a set of Torklift Quick Disconnect Stable Load #A7310 and a Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar # 7267. I talked with both companies before ordering their parts to make sure these were the products I needed. I also considered the Torklift upper spring Stable Load # A7202 but after talking with the company decided I probably didn’t need it. Time will tell I guess.

I will have them here and installed before our next grand adventure to Texas and back later this month and into October. Oh, the Voyager system is just great so far. I can back the truck/camper up to my trailers now and nail it without ever getting out of the truck to look. You gotta just love that.

And next week, I’m going to work on a system to help load/unload the camper on/off the truck – again, without having to get out of the truck. I’ll let you know how that works out –with pictures – next week.

Life is good.
KY_Campers
Sounds great!

Lookin' forward to seeing some pictures! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.