Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Towing Behind Camper
Truck Camper Forum > General > Towing and Trailering
JetterDog
Looking for some advice. Just purchased a TC. It overhangs my F350 by about 2.5 ft. I plan tow my boat behind the TC. I need an extension hitch of about 32 inches to clear the camper. I have a 2 inch receiver. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 32 inch hitch extension with a 2 inch receiver? I found one that has a 2.5 inch receiver. Is it possible to use a 2 inch to 2.5 inch adapter then attach the extension bar to the 2.5 receiver?

I'd like to avoid purchasing the Super Hitch if possible but also want to tow safely.

Any help would be appreciated.
KY_Campers
QUOTE(JetterDog @ Sep 3 2013, 11:58 PM)
Looking for some advice. Just purchased a TC. It overhangs my F350 by about 2.5 ft. I plan tow my boat behind the TC. I need an extension hitch of about 32 inches to clear the camper. I have a 2 inch receiver. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 32 inch hitch extension with a 2 inch receiver? I found one that has a 2.5 inch receiver. Is it possible to use a 2 inch to 2.5 inch adapter then attach the extension bar to the 2.5 receiver?

I'd like to avoid purchasing the Super Hitch if possible but also want to tow safely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you weld ?? . . . If not, Then you could have a local welding shop make you one.

I own a welding shop. . . I'm working on a Website so I can sell stuff online.

I make my own extension hitches and I can make any length.

Here's a picture of one that I built and use so I can pull a pontoon when I have my camper in my truck. . . This hitch is 28" long.

user posted image
JetterDog
QUOTE(KY_Campers @ Sep 4 2013, 08:03 AM)
Can you weld ?? . . . If not, Then you could have a local welding shop make you one.

Here's a picture of one that I built and use so I can pull a pontoon when I have my camper in my truck. . . This hitch is 28" long.
user posted image

Do you have any issues with stability, swaying with the extension?
KY_Campers
QUOTE(JetterDog @ Sep 9 2013, 08:06 AM)
Do you have any issues with stability, swaying with the extension?

No, I don't have any problems with swaying.

When I go camping I pull a pontoon.
Triskele
QUOTE(KY_Campers @ Sep 4 2013, 08:03 AM)

user posted image

Will this work to pull 7000 lbs? Is it legal? Do you know if insurance will honor in the event of an accident?
Wardster
QUOTE(KY_Campers @ Sep 4 2013, 09:03 AM)

user posted image

How much tongue weight do you typically seen when you tow your boat? Wondering about longevity too, so maybe you can comment on that since it's been a while since this was posted. I want to buy an extension for my setup, but I don't think I need the high dollar Torklift setup since I would be hauling a 6x12 open trailer with a four wheeler on it.

Thanks - Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.