Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Oklahoma Truck Campers
Truck Camper Forum > General > Camping Trips & Rallies
Freedom1st
My Wife and I live in Moore Ok and we are curios to know if there are any other Truck Campers in our area. I'm from Wyoming where they are common, we have yet to see one in the OKC area. unsure.gif
crappiebuster
QUOTE(Freedom1st @ Mar 8 2013, 10:43 AM)
My Wife and I live in Moore Ok and we are curios to know if there are any other Truck Campers in our area. I'm from Wyoming where they are common, we have yet to see one in the OKC area.  unsure.gif

We are full-timers but we spend time in the Enid, OK area. We have been full time for 12 years. 10 years fifth wheel and two years in Truck Camper.
Freedom1st
QUOTE(crappiebuster @ Aug 23 2013, 09:17 AM)
We are full-timers but we spend time in the Enid, OK area. We have been full time for 12 years. 10 years fifth wheel and two years in Truck Camper.

Wow 2 years in your truck camper, that's great!
We have a very nice 40' 5th Wheel, we prefer our Truck camper, we use it all the time. We just completed a trip over the Co Rockies into NV to California and back the southern route thru NM. What do you do in Enid (Family?)
sbaz2836
You can ride your BMW up the road from the campground to a 3.1 mile trail called the North Trail and take a daily easy-peasy, peaceful morning walk through the desert. Also, you can ride over to Apache Junction and take hwy 88 to Tortilla Flat which is “an authentic remnant of an old west town, nestled in the midst of the Tonto National Forest, in the Superstition Mountain Range.” Then onto Roosevelt Lake on Hwy 188 to the scenic Beeline Hwy (Hwy 88) and south back to camp (it’s a loop ride). There are a lot of roads to ride in the Superstition Mountains as well. There is a 14 day camping limit in the McDowell’s, so after your time is up, you could go over to the west side of Phoenix to the Estrella Mountains where you can find sites with electric also (if that’s what you’re looking for, there are primitive sites at each campground also) www.maricopa.gov/parks/estrella/ . The Estrella Mtn Park is also scenic desert and warm winter temps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.