Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Camper Jack Clips
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
pezzo
What do you call the wire clips that go on the bottom of camper Jacks to prevent them from sliding down when you dont want them to do so? I have them of two of the four jacks and need two more. 1) What is the proper name for these clips 2) Where can I get them?

This is my first camper. It is an oldie, 1988 but is in fairly good shape. I have used it twice now but there is still some problems with the 12 volt system, where some things work all the time and some work intermittently.

I am getting it fixed up a little at a time and I hope this forum will help me with some advice.

Jack
KY_Campers
I've never seen anything like that on a jack before.

OK, Is the clip all one piece ??...... Or on a jack do you have to take ''each loose'' from the bottom ??

It's hard to tell in the picture..... But it looks like to me that the top part of the clip just fits in a hole in the jack?

Here's what I do when I can't find parts (like that)..... I make my own!!! LOL

Could you take the ''handle from a 5 gallon bucket'', and ''bend it into the shape'' you need!.... Again, hard to tell in the picture, and I don't know what the bottom looks like, and can't tell what the ''side'' of the jack looks like (where the clip goes)
pezzo
QUOTE(KY_Campers @ Jul 28 2010, 06:37 PM)
I've never seen anything like that on a jack before.

OK, Is the clip all one piece ??...... Or on a jack do you have to take ''each loose'' from the bottom ??

It's hard to tell in the picture..... But it looks like to me that the top part of the clip just fits in a hole in the jack?

Here's what I do when I can't find parts (like that)..... I make my own!!! LOL

Could you take the ''handle from a 5 gallon bucket'', and ''bend it into the shape'' you need!.... Again, hard to tell in the picture, and I don't know what the bottom looks like, and can't tell what the ''side'' of the jack looks like (where the clip goes)

It is all one piece. there are little slots that the wire fits into. When you want to lower the jack you push slightly up on the base and swing it away.
rickf
QUOTE(pezzo @ Jul 29 2010, 10:45 AM)
It is all one piece. there are little slots that the wire fits into. When you want to lower the jack you push slightly up on the base and swing it away.

I believe this site will help you out.
There should also be two thumbscrews down there to tighten to hold the leg.

http://www.riecotitan.com/camperjacks/hydraulicjack.html

Rick
pezzo
QUOTE(rickf @ Jul 30 2010, 09:47 AM)
I believe this site will help you out.
There should also be two thumbscrews down there to tighten to hold the leg.

http://www.riecotitan.com/camperjacks/hydraulicjack.html

Rick

That's the ticket Rick.Thank you very much.

Jack
pezzo
QUOTE(pezzo @ Jul 30 2010, 06:12 PM)
That's the ticket Rick.Thank you very much.

Jack

they are on the way. Thanks again Rick.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.