Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What Jacks to get
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
Kelly
I have a 2008 Bigfoot truck camper that has Happyjack jacks. I fear they are broken and may need to be replaced. I was told by a dealer that Happyjack is out of business so I may need to replace them with another brand. I would appreciate suggestions on brand/model to look at? Anyone have luck with power models? I need something I can handle on my own (if need be) and I am not good at fixing things... I am ok with a manual system, but it can't be to fussy
KY_Campers
Welcome to the Forum!!!... Hope you enjoy it here and hope you stay around and post often!!! smile.gif

QUOTE(Kelly @ Sep 4 2014, 07:05 PM)
I have a 2008 Bigfoot truck camper that has Happyjack jacks. I fear they are broken and may need to be replaced.

What are the jacks doing that makes you think they're broken ?

QUOTE(Kelly @ Sep 4 2014, 07:05 PM)
I was told by a dealer that Happyjack is out of business so I may need to replace them with another brand.  I would appreciate suggestions on brand/model to look at?  Anyone have  luck with power models?  I need something I can handle on my own (if need be) and I am not good at fixing things...  I am ok with a manual system, but it can't be to fussy.

I just looked them up online and it looks like they're still in business.

HappiJac.com

HappiJac Jacks

I'm not good at picking out jacks for people, I'm still using the Rieco-Titan manual jacks!

Can your dealer order you new jacks ?

I found these at Amazon.

Amazon Rieco-Titan Corner Camper Jacks

That's not the type I have... Those are for the corners. Do you need corner jacks ?

This is the type I have.

Amazon Rieco-Titan Tripod Camper Jacks

If you get manual jacks, you do know that you can use a drill adapter to lower/raise the jacks... I made my own, but they do sell the drill adapter.

Maybe someone else here can recommend jacks for you! smile.gif
Kelly
The trailer repair place told me they are out of business, at least not selling parts.

I have 4 corner jacks and one is very difficult to move and it has gotten worse. The dealership told me that the jack is bent. They greased it but it is still almost impossible to move up and down. They recommended the Rieco Titan mechanical jacks and they will replace them for me next week

Thanks for the note about the drill adaptor
KY_Campers
QUOTE(Kelly @ Sep 5 2014, 06:13 PM)
The trailer repair place told me they are out of business, at least not selling parts.

I have 4 corner jacks and one is very difficult to move and it has gotten worse.  The dealership told me that the jack is bent.  They greased it but it is still almost impossible to move up and down. They recommended the Rieco Titan mechanical jacks and they will replace them for me next week

Thanks for the note about the drill adaptor

I had a friend that had bent jacks.... I used my pipe-bender and fixed them!

You can make the drill adapter out of a socket.
bevelheadpeegee
QUOTE(Kelly @ Sep 4 2014, 06:05 PM)
I have a 2008 Bigfoot truck camper that has Happyjack jacks. I fear they are broken and may need to be replaced. I was told by a dealer that Happyjack is out of business so I may need to replace them with another brand.  I would appreciate suggestions on brand/model to look at?  Anyone have  luck with power models?  I need something I can handle on my own (if need be) and I am not good at fixing things...  I am ok with a manual system, but it can't be to fussy

I just had my happijac camper legs inspected and they installed two new happijacs.
With proper handling happijacs should do you well. Now I can lift my bigfoot 10.6 with the remote. I am happy now even though these camper legs cost me a fortune to buy!!
17 Oaks
Rieco-Titan electric jacks, none better!
17 Oaks
QUOTE(17 Oaks @ Dec 9 2015, 07:43 PM)
Rieco-Titan electric jacks, none better!

Rieco-Titan electric jacks none better, GREAT customer service, they also sell refurb units.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.