Freespool
post Jul 2 2016, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

There are many components that make up a great vacation, for me, great meals are high on my list. Simple meal planning before you depart will greatly add to your experience. Time at the grill with the family or a good friend is always enjoyable but sometimes is inconvenient. Bad weather or a shortage of time can make you appreciate meal planning even more. Selecting everybody's favorite meals ahead of time will save you time, money and stress. Deciding on a menu for most of your meals will allow you to cook at home where you have all the things you need including room. Buying most of what you will drink and eat at home will save you a considerable amount of cash. Quality freezer bags are cheap and will protect your food while in the freezer, pre frozen meals will also help your freezer maintain temperature. Just think, starting your day at 4am, fishing all day, then cleaning fish, taking a shower, having your first adult beverage while you watch it start to rain. How nice would it be to have home made spaghetti and meat balls and your favorite drink in 15 minutes? I will answer that, it's great and would never be possible had it not been prepared at home. I am on my second season of meal planning during my camping trips and will never do it any other way again. I am eating like a king and spending less for it. Oh, did I mention the clean up? Just think of the mess you would make for just one meal, not to mention the time and water consumption needed. My way is much more simple, 2 pans,2 plates, 2 forks and 2 wine glasses, extra meatballs go into a zip lock for a warm sandwich on a paper plate the next day. For my family the 1 day investment of time before we leave for cooking as many as 10 complete meals is a small price to pay for all the time and work saved during your trip. Give it a try, you won't be sorry.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DA TOAD
post Jul 3 2016, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

Good stuff...thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 03:20 AM