TomandKris
post Sep 10 2015, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,463
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Capri Camper
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F250
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: 92 Ford F250, 7.3 Diesel, 5 speed transmission. 1993 Scamper, 8.5 foot.

I'm curious if any of you have give up camp fires. At least the ones that burn wood. There are several portable fire rings that use propane, but I'm wondering if anyone is using other alternatives.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
Freespool
post Jul 17 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

I know as well as anybody that green is in but I am still resisting. I do however burn responsibly and keep my camp fires small and under control. I am lucky to have a friend who runs a large commercial cabinet shop. Kiln dried scrap oak is always available at his shop and I keep enough around to supply my needs. One of my pet peeves is people who burn pallets. I have seldom ever seen the same people cleaning up the nails that are left behind. Last year while camping near Bishop,Ca on the Owens river I choose a prime spot late in the day and set up. The next morning I noticed I had apparently chosen a popular spot since there were literally hundreds of nails under my rig. I could not believe it, my new truck with bran new Michelin's and 4 new marathons on my trailer setting on a bed of nails, needless to say I spent a great deal of time raking up the mess. Because of this experience I pre walk all potential camp spots.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:46 PM