jashyd
post Jan 14 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,931
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2004 dodge duelly diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: ect
Truck and Camper Setup: new member looking to changing from 5th.wheel to truck camper.

Hello, I am a new member here. I am changing from a 5th. wheel camper to a truck camper . I have a 2004 dodge 1 ton dually diesel long bed. My problem is I don't know what size camper will be right for our needs. we may have as many as 4 adults some times but mostly just 2 or 3 . I do want a dry bath ,A/c furnace ,most all common items . I am wanting a used one . I was told that a Lance is the best but that to me is hear say . We camp 2 to 3 weeks a year and some weekends . I need advice from all you good folks . Thank You.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
Chief 2
post Jan 15 2018, 06:48 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,469
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2005 Chevrolet 3500 4x4
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac with Quick Loads
Truck and Camper Setup: 2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 Edge Attitude, 4" exhaust, Airaid Air Intake, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig, Cabover struts. Lance 1172 loaded with 200 watt Renogy solar and Zamp controller

We are on our second Lance. First was a 2005 1181 with a single slide and the current one is an 1172 that has 2 slides. The slides allow for considerably more space, but add weight. With your truck you should have no issue with hauling a heavier TC. You may find that you may want to add some air bags if you don't already have them. No, the slides won't come out as you go down the road. WE also went from a 38' 5R to a TC. Don't regret it.
+Quote Post
jashyd
post Jan 15 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,931
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2004 dodge duelly diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: ect
Truck and Camper Setup: new member looking to changing from 5th.wheel to truck camper.

QUOTE(Chief 2 @ Jan 15 2018, 06:48 AM)
We are on our second Lance. First was a 2005 1181 with a single slide and the current one is an 1172 that has 2 slides. The slides allow for considerably more space, but add weight. With your truck you should have no issue with hauling a heavier TC. You may find that you may want to add some air bags if you don't already have them. No, the slides won't come out as you go down the road. WE also went from a 38' 5R to a TC. Don't regret it.

I been looking at a2005 1010 lance and a 2014 palomino both are large but I don't see why the 2005 lance cost more than the 2014 palomino . I do see that the lance is heaver and holds more fresh, gray and black water and the 2014 is longer any input on these 2
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:53 AM