jashyd
post Jan 14 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,931
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2004 dodge duelly diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: ect
Truck and Camper Setup: new member looking to changing from 5th.wheel to truck camper.

Hello, I am a new member here. I am changing from a 5th. wheel camper to a truck camper . I have a 2004 dodge 1 ton dually diesel long bed. My problem is I don't know what size camper will be right for our needs. we may have as many as 4 adults some times but mostly just 2 or 3 . I do want a dry bath ,A/c furnace ,most all common items . I am wanting a used one . I was told that a Lance is the best but that to me is hear say . We camp 2 to 3 weeks a year and some weekends . I need advice from all you good folks . Thank You.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
SidecarFlip
post Jan 15 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

Pop up's like I have and RV Tech has are really meant for only 2 people or 2 and a kid and no more. Not a 'family' camper but are just fine for my wife and I or me and a hunting buddy.

With a pop up, no need to worry about overhead height issues oe rock and roll off road because the vertical Cg is lower but like I said, not a family camper unless you want to be 'close up and personnal with family members.

I had a Lance and sold it and frankly, I don't miss it at all. Hard to store, hard to take down the road (prone to cross winds) and heavy. I have a 1 ton but I always knew the Lance was in the bed. When my pop up is in the bed, don't even know it's there and my fuel mileage is a lot better too. Much less parasitic drag

Big thing that sold me on the pop up was storage. I keep it inside my garage in the off season. The one thing that destroys TC's is leaving them outside all the time, constant weathering ruins them and they develop leaks and eventually rot. Unlike the Lance, mine is inside and protected from the elements. I fully expect it to last at least 10-15 years and still maintain a good resale value. You keep a TC outdoors all the time, if you get 10 years, consider yourself lucky. Most don't last that long stored outside 24-7.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:44 AM