Freespool
post Oct 22 2016, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Well I am back again looking for a truck camper. I would like to know if anyone out there knows what type of slide mechanism Host uses on the Cascade, Everest and the Mammoth? I would like to avoid the Schwintec system that both Eagle Cap and Lance uses. The system Arctic Fox uses seems superior and less prone to problems. By far my two biggest concerns with modern truck campers with slides are the above question and the problem some units have with lamination. Feel free to answer and tell me about your experience with Host truck campers. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Oct 23 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

I guess everybody's busy or are unfamiliar with slide systems utilized by Host. I did some further research and found a Facebook article taken back in Feb,2013. There is one picture of the complete aluminum frame and three close up picks of the track and gear. They did not offer a name of the system but thankfully it looks similar to the AF. In my eyes the schwintec slide assembly just looks to weak to properly move large slides. Funny thing is that AF must feel the same way since they only use it in there lower end trailers, even Lance uses a stronger system in there largest slides but returns to the schwintec for smaller slides. What I can't figure out is why Eagle Cap has so much faith in the schwintec system especially since EP's are large, heavy and marketed as high end products. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think so!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:32 PM