aqualung
post Jun 28 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

Its time to add some airbags to the truck just to level it out and provide that extra stability. I've been looking around and found these SumoSprings. Its sounds like a great idea, the utility of airbags but without the need to put air in them or to worry about an air leak while on the road.

Has anyone tried these out? Should I go with front and rear Sumosprings? Should I stick to standard airbags?

Here's the link:
http://www.supersprings.com/

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KY_Campers
post Jun 29 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,413
Favorite Truck Camper(s): .....
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: ......
Type of Tiedowns used: .......
Truck and Camper Setup: .........

QUOTE(aqualung @ Jun 28 2010, 10:15 AM)
Its time to add some airbags to the truck just to level it out and provide that extra stability. I've been looking around and found these SumoSprings. Its sounds like a great idea, the utility of airbags but without the need to put air in them or to worry about an air leak while on the road.

Has anyone tried these out? Should I go with front and rear Sumosprings? Should I stick to standard airbags?

Here's the link:

I've never seen those before, but they seem great!

I put Firestone airbags on my truck 3 years ago, and have been real happy with them..... I've never had a leak...Yet!

Another thing I tried before the airbags was a ''bolt on helper spring'' from Advance Auto..... It helps a lot, and can be put on in about 20 minutes, but my truck would still squat when I hooked my boat up..... So I bought the airbags.

Thanks for the link!!!.... I may try a set of those on my next truck, and sorry I couldn't help with the Sumosprings!

--------------------
. . . .
+Quote Post
BobC
post Jun 30 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(aqualung @ Jun 28 2010, 10:15 AM)

Here's the link:

What is nice about Firestone's Ride Rite Air Bags is you can adjust each individual bag and deflate the bags when you have no load reducing the roughness of the ride. The Sumosprings are much like Timbrens basically an extension of the jounce bumper. Torklift makes Stable Load which hit each end of the overload spring as seen in the link provided.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:31 AM