UKYCAMPER
post Feb 16 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,721
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Cirrus 800
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2015 GMC 3500 SLT CC SRW Duramax
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 2015 GMC 3500 SLT CC SRW Duramax, Torklift with Fastguns, 2016 Cirrus 800 TC, 2015 Jayco 27DSRL TT

New to truck camping so this one caught me by surprise - not the last surprise I'm sure. My truck camper blocks my SiriusXM "sharktooth" antenna on top of the cab on my GMC crew cab. I have been able to find YouTube vidoes to add an external magnetic mount for GMC up to 2014 model but I haven't been able to find anything on the 2015HD which seems to be a little different. If I could locate the XM receiver and know how how to get to it I could install the new magnetic mount antenna. I'm afraid to start prying on on dashboard panels to pop them out without knowing what I'm doing. Anybody done this on a 2015 Chevy/GMC? mellow.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bobtheblacksmith
post Apr 16 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,877
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance 1191
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: chevy 3500 dually crew
Type of Tiedowns used: fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: airbags,loadlevelers, superhitch with 4 ft extension

QUOTE(UKYCAMPER @ Feb 16 2016, 10:46 AM)
New to truck camping so this one caught me by surprise - not the last surprise I'm sure. My truck camper blocks my SiriusXM "sharktooth" antenna on top of the cab on my GMC crew cab. I have been able to find YouTube vidoes to add an external magnetic mount for GMC up to 2014 model but I haven't been able to find anything on the 2015HD which seems to be a little different. If I could locate the XM receiver and know how how to get to it I could install the new magnetic mount antenna. I'm afraid to start prying on on dashboard panels to pop them out without knowing what I'm doing. Anybody done this on a 2015 Chevy/GMC?  mellow.gif

I have a 08 chevy with same problem. xm antenna is directly behind glovebox. you can push tab on top of glove box and it folds down. not sure yours is the same but worth a look
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 07:49 AM