post May 16 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,605
Favorite Truck Camper(s): 2011 Lance 992
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0L
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac w/ Qwik-Loads
Truck and Camper Setup: TC pulled behind the truck on a gooseneck trailer

Life??¢â??¬â??¢s little experiences can bring sadness or joy. I had one yesterday that ended on a happy note ??¢â??¬â???? at least I hope it did and will be in the future. It??¢â??¬â??¢s regarding the warranty service on my new (yes new) 2011 Lance 992.

I bought the unit from Bozeman Ford & RV in Montana. I was going to buy a 2 or 3 year old used unit, but when I found this unit at not much more than a used one, I bought it instead. I knew Lance had a dealer in Salt Lake City, UT about 40 miles from home, so I wasn??¢â??¬â??¢t worried about having a resource for the warranty service. Little did I know.

The first issue under warranty was the Jensen radio/CD player doesn??¢â??¬â??¢t want to work when it??¢â??¬â??¢s cold. I called the SLC dealership to see about getting a replacement. I explained where I bought the unit and why. Their service department told me I would have to take the issue back to Bozeman, MT because I didn??¢â??¬â??¢t buy it from them and they had no interest or desire to do warranty work on a unit that wasn??¢â??¬â??¢t purchased from them.

I called Bozeman RV and talked to the manager and explained the situation to him and how driving 700 miles (round trip) wasn??¢â??¬â??¢t going to happen. He had his Lance regional sales rep call me and he relayed my complaint directly to Lance. Lance called me yesterday and I explained the situation. The Lance rep was very accommodating. He is shipping me a new replacement radio which I will install. And if I need warranty service in the future, I??¢â??¬â??¢m to call Lance direct and they will intercede with the dealer for me to get the needed service.

The sad thing for this SLC dealership is the fact that I will not ever choose them for any kind of service or parts in the future (except warranty work) and they have lost a potential customer. I will also not recommend there business to anybody who asks me for advice about service work. I would think that the SLC dealership would want to establish a good relationship with any and all Lance product owners. But apparently that is not the case.

If your travels will take you through Utah with a new Lance product and you find yourself in need of some warranty work, I sincerely hope you will be treated better than I was.

--------------------
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 75 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." - Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." = Dr. Seuss

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dubob
post Aug 20 2013, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,605
Favorite Truck Camper(s): 2011 Lance 992
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0L
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac w/ Qwik-Loads
Truck and Camper Setup: TC pulled behind the truck on a gooseneck trailer

This is an update on this issue that I thought you might want to hear. Since Lance ran interference for me with the dealership in SLC, I was able to negotiate a service call for some warranty work as well as some non-warranty work. I waited until I didn??¢â??¬â??¢t have a camping trip planned for at least a couple of weeks to give the dealership plenty of time to get my work completed while attending to their customers who had actually bought from the dealership.

The warranty work involved the water pump system (air in the system), a drawer not holding shut during travel, and a problem with the dinette cushion back frame. Non-warranty work was replacing the power connection from camper to truck and install replacement TV/radio antennas. I took the unit in last week Monday and all the work was completed by Thursday afternoon. I picked the unit up yesterday.

After actually meeting the service writer (Allen) face-to-face, and explaining my repair needs I was very favorably impressed with his attitude and willingness to get my unit repaired to my satisfaction. When I picked the unit up, Allen went over all the items with me while we inspected each item for proper repair. All items met my expectations and the quality of the work appears to be first rate. I will have no problem in the future with calling Terry??¢â??¬â??¢s RV Center in SLC for repairs or modifications to my unit.

I??¢â??¬â??¢m glad that what started out as a potential bad relationship with the dealership turned out to be a positive relationship in the end. And thank you Lance Corp for running interference for me to set things right.

--------------------
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 75 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." - Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." = Dr. Seuss

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:51 AM