CindyOR
post Jul 31 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,537
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Angler
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2500 4x4 Chevy Silverado
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac with standard tiedowns
Truck and Camper Setup: 2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab with 1998 Fleetwood Angler 8' self-contained camper

We have the usual scissor camper steps, which work fine if you just have your camper and are not towing. But we are in search of stairs that might have a small landing at the top and then turn before beginning the steps so we can get in and out of the camper easier when towing our stock trailer. We're usually using our camper during winter months, and stepping from camper to the stock trailer flat surface behind the crank is sometimes kind of tricky in icy or wet conditions. My husband is blind, so making the trip in and out of the camper is quite an adventure each time.

I've checked places like Camping World and that type of store, and have checked with local RV dealers and no one seems to have heard or seen any other type of steps that would work for when you are towing. I know there are many people towing boats and trailers behind their campers. Anyone find any stairs that work better than heaving yourself in and out without the scissor stairs - which don't work when the hitch is in use? We've tried also carrying a metal crate and turning it upside down, but it is just one more thing inside the camper and space is tight in there. I'd like to find some stairs instead if possible that I could stash in the cubby outside.

Would appreciate any direction for this dilemma before winter gets here again.
Thanks in advance,
CindyOR
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:38 PM