post Aug 4 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,248
Favorite Truck Camper(s): n/a
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 ram 3500 dually diesel 4x4
Type of Tiedowns used: n/a
Truck and Camper Setup: n/a

i want to buy a truck camper for my old truck it is a powerwagon 1977 4x4 440 engine clubcab 3/4 ton, im told lance camper wont fit, like the 992or bigger. i need a slide out on a truck camper. im new dont know much so any info would help me. love to fish and camp with family of 4. im told this truck is a tank what ever that means. i think it has 410 gears and 4 speed auto. also do alot of winter activities so has to be warm inside. wife all she cares about is that it has a bath room and shower.or im open to suggestions on other truck campers. thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jane1983
post Jan 29 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,701
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Chevrolet
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Chevrolet silverado 1500
Type of Tiedowns used: Custom
Truck and Camper Setup: Nice pick up truck

Hi rockeyford708,

In my knowledge, there is one site which can provide you the best range of truck campers at an affordable price. Visit the RV section at Discoverautomobiles.com . It will help you a lot to find the best suited quotes with cost as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mjfgeology
post Jan 29 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,441
Favorite Truck Camper(s): coachman 9'
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-150 base truck
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: F-150 V-6 Regular Cab With Airbags and modified stake pocket tiedowns run a coachman 8.5 sportsman hydro-pro

The lance camper that maybe better suited to your truck maybe the:

" Long Bed - Compatible with most 3/4 ton and larger trucks*

Lance 1040
The Lance 1040 is a lengthened version of the Lance 830 – with additional wardrobe and counter space – designed for long bed trucks.

This model has a fresh, contemporary look-and-feel with spacious floor plans available in two configurations – side door entry, or side door entry with a
***rear fold-down tent option****.

The Lance 1040's clean, smart interior features a distinctive Euro-style design accented by angled wood cabinetry and bulkhead walls – cavernous, easy-access overhead galley bins – lots of interior storage – drawers behind Euro-styled doors – a sliding/detachable dinette table – an expansive galley with deep-basin circular sink – and a neo-round corner shower with a curved, sliding bathroom door. Fabulous! "

Or some thing in the same 2500# pound range. You are limited with your truck unless you get the one ton leaf spring. I put them into my old dodge and it was rough riding unless loaded down. Your other options are air bags front and rear
+Quote Post
Mharklowel
post Feb 4 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,729
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Toyota
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 4x4 Ford Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 4WD.

Your wife really knows what to look in a camper, all other concerns are just up to you. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually Pickup Truck. The camper was customized and didn't spend too much because my neighbor was a builder. Tonneau Cover
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:04 AM