JohnnyT
post Mar 24 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,090
Favorite Truck Camper(s): skamper
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2500 Ram 4x4 Diesel Ext. Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Custom
Truck and Camper Setup: 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Extended Cab Shortbox Diesel with 33"12.5"16.5" load E and 1994 Skamper 080S Pop up (8'0")

Hey guys. I'm new to this site and new to truck campers. I just had a couple questions for you vets. I just recently picked up a nice 8' skamper camper and need to wire it in. I am going to use my stock 7 way at the bumper to utilize my charge line. Now I do plan on towing my boat later this summer so I need a y connector. As it sits I've just got my three wires out of my camper with no end, so do I really want to wire a 7 way pole on camper, then buy a 7 way pole y, then connect adapter to convert into 4 way for boat. Seems a liitle overkill seeing I don't have signal lights on camper, just running lights and charge line. And I just need a flat 4 for boat. Do they make a y connector sporting a female 7 and a female 4 instead of two sevens. I hope this makes sense. I have a hard time typing what I'm trying to say. Any advice would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
weld1
post Mar 25 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,082
Favorite Truck Camper(s): arctic fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 3500 silverado SRW
Truck and Camper Setup: 2005, 3500 silverado SRW, Firestone airbags,Rickson 19.5 wheels and toyo 225 load range G Arctic fox 990 loaded. 18ft pontoon.

QUOTE(JohnnyT @ Mar 24 2009, 11:24 PM)
Hey guys. I'm new to this site and new to truck campers. I just had a couple questions for you vets. I just recently picked up a nice 8' skamper camper and need to wire it in. I am going to use my stock 7 way at the bumper to utilize my charge line. Now I do plan on towing my boat later this summer so I need a y connector. As it sits I've just got my three wires out of my camper with no end, so do I really want to wire a 7 way pole on camper, then buy a 7 way pole y, then connect adapter to convert into 4 way for boat.  Seems a liitle overkill seeing I don't have signal lights on camper, just running lights and charge line. And I just need a flat 4 for boat. Do they make a y connector sporting a female 7 and a female 4 instead of two sevens. I hope this makes sense. I have a hard time typing what I'm trying to say. Any advice would be appreciated.

They make a y adapter for a flat boat connector. Do you have a round to flat adapter for your seven way for your truck? if so just get the y adapter, wire your camper to it. and plug your boat to the other side of the Y. If you dont have the seven way to flat adapter you may have to buy one. My Chevy came with one. I think I said what I am thinking. I believe most auto parts stores sell the y flat plug adapters.
+Quote Post
JohnnyT
post Mar 25 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,090
Favorite Truck Camper(s): skamper
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2500 Ram 4x4 Diesel Ext. Cab
Truck and Camper Setup: 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Extended Cab Shortbox Diesel with 33"12.5"16.5" load E and 1994 Skamper 080S Pop up (8'0")

QUOTE(weld1 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:52 PM)
They make a y adapter for a flat boat connector. Do you have a round to flat adapter for your seven way for your truck? if so just get the y adapter, wire your camper to it. and plug your boat to the other side of the Y. If you dont have the seven way to flat adapter you may have to buy one. My Chevy came with one. I think I said what I am thinking. I believe most auto parts stores sell the y flat plug adapters.

Ya but wont I lose my charge line if use a flat four to the camper? And yes I have an adapter from round to flat. I'm gonna head to the parts store this weekend and browse whats available. Thank you.
+Quote Post
weld1
post Mar 26 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,082
Favorite Truck Camper(s): arctic fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 3500 silverado SRW
Truck and Camper Setup: 2005, 3500 silverado SRW, Firestone airbags,Rickson 19.5 wheels and toyo 225 load range G Arctic fox 990 loaded. 18ft pontoon.

QUOTE(JohnnyT @ Mar 25 2009, 05:35 PM)
Ya but wont I lose my charge line if use a flat four to the camper? And yes I have an adapter from round to flat. I'm gonna head to the parts store this weekend and browse whats available. Thank you.

I think you said you do not need the tail lights with that camper so make your charge come from the tail light wire on the Y that goes to the camper., the only problem might be if it draws to much for that fuse to handle.
+Quote Post
Lannaia
post Apr 9 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,102
Favorite Truck Camper(s): samsun
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 Dually
Truck and Camper Setup: Air Bags, Happijac Tiedowns, Titan Class V Hitch with Lance 1191 fully loaded

Well, somebody who is expert on this thing will help you. I have no idea about this things, just wish I too have a camper, so when ever i want to camp somewhere i can do that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:58 AM