alittlesideways
post Feb 15 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,979
Favorite Truck Camper(s): S&S
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 98 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Single Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 98 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Single Cab, 2004 S & S Ponderosa Series M-11-DB .Rear Firestone airbags.

Hello Truck camper forum..
I just bought a truck camper (2004 S & S Ponderosa Series M-11-DB ) a deal I could not turn away. It is Heavy around 3600lbs loaded with water, 60 gal of propane for the generator, quality truck camper I must say, cant wait to use it to go fishing... the truck( 98 12v Single Cab, 8ft bed 2wd with 130K) has air bags, and stock moog front springs. I put about 70 psi in all 6 tires and both Firestone airbags to 70psi , the truck feels a little wobbly at high speed (65 +) and over bumps in town, but I'm getting used to it, got 16 mpg hauling it home from PA in 40mph headwind, and it pulls like almost not loaded. ( < Buying a SuperhHitch with 48in extension to tow my 12ft trailer(Dreaming).>)

Should I buy a club cab 4x4 ? Duramax club cab 4x4? or any upgrades like heavy duty front springs, front air bags ? Blistens ? Rear end Mods besides airbags on my 2wd? Is it Normal to have a camper this size with a 2wd and possible towing? Always have a failed ball joint in the back of my mind..

I had a 39ft toy hauler 10K. I owned and towed with this same truck and it did fine... I have a good bit of $ in this truck, has banks twin intake and banks turbo kit, other than that stock and new front end parts, new standard gear and trans 5 speed upgraded , Double disk south bend clutch, new rear.. List goes on..

Any input from other truck camper owners over 3000Lbs about how there rig drives would be great? I just want input before i dump more cash into the truck , Pacbrake, Front and rear Hitch..Etc..There is pic of Rig in my avatar .
user posted image

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:28 AM