RV_Tech
post Feb 28 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

Thinking about buying the above model. I know Northstar's reputation is solid. Anyone have experience with this specific model?

Thanks,

STeve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
twilliams
post Mar 6 2017, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,025
Favorite Truck Camper(s): northstar larado sc
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 dodge ram 1500 sport 4x4short bed
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 dodge ram 1500 sport 5.9 short bed 4x4. rear airbags. have a 2001 northstar 8 ft larado. with torklift tiedowns

QUOTE(RV_Tech @ Feb 28 2017, 05:11 PM)
Thinking about buying the above model. I know Northstar's reputation is solid. Anyone have experience with this specific model?

Thanks,

STeve

I have a northstar Laredo 8 sc., I think it's a well built camper. i'm syre the northstar adventurer is well built also.
+Quote Post
Jknight611
post Mar 7 2017, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,785
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northstar Adventurer 8.5
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2018 Chevolet 3500 Duramax Crew Duelly
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Totally stock, nothing needed

We have a 2015 Northstar Adventurer 8.5, we really enjoy it! Sometimes my wife and our 2 little dogs have enjoyed a good meal, it's raining out and we have to remind ourselves that we are in the back of a short bed Chevolet 2500. Seems more roomy than it should. We looked a other brands and the Northstar Laredo but we liked the Adventurer floor plan. Built quality it awesome, well insulated and it is small enough that our truck can handle it without feeling like we are at the limits of the truck capacity. We pull a 12X7 cargo trailer with a motorcycle or our light boat, we unload the camper if we plan to be camped 2 nights, very easy. We have driven it at least 8,000 miles last year and all our thoughts are positive!
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Mar 8 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

QUOTE(Jknight611 @ Mar 7 2017, 05:58 PM)
We have a 2015 Northstar Adventurer 8.5,  we really enjoy it!  Sometimes my wife and our 2 little dogs have enjoyed a good meal, it's raining out and we have to remind ourselves that we are in the back of a short bed Chevolet 2500.  Seems more roomy than it should. We looked a other brands and the Northstar Laredo but we liked the Adventurer floor plan. Built quality it awesome, well insulated and it is small enough that our truck can handle it without feeling like we are at the limits of the truck capacity.  We pull a 12X7 cargo trailer with a motorcycle or our light boat, we unload the camper if we plan to be camped 2 nights, very easy.  We have driven it at least 8,000 miles last year and all our thoughts are positive!

Thanks for the feedback. smile.gif

Steve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 AM