IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Jack Height, How high will camper jacks go?

WesGPS
post Jun 2 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,341
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2005 Dodge 5.7L Hemi 2500 Heavy Duty Short Box.
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 2009 Lance 845 Fully Equipped

I recently purchased a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, Hemi 4X4 Short Box "Heavy Duty" model. I have been told that the Heavy Duty designation means it has a 3500 frame. All of that information is for a responder that might happen to have the same kind of truck - and the fact that I like the word "Hemi" and say it or spell it every chance I get.

My real question is this: Will ordinary camper jacks go up high enough to put a camper on, and take it off of that bad boy? The distance from flat level pavement to the dead top of the ribs in the truck bed is exactly 38".

I plan to mount a Lance 845 on it.

Thanks for any / all responses, comments. Wes

--------------------
user posted image
2009 Lance 845 with LP Generator, Roof Air, Flat Screen TV, DVD - and more to come.
2005 Dodge 5.7L Hemi Heavy Duty Short Box 4X4.
Hellwig Anti Sway Bar, AirLift 5000 Air Bags, Viair Compressor and Tank With Modified Wireless Air Remote Air Bag Control.

WesGPS.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aqualung
post Jun 3 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

You should have no problem with jack height. I have a RAM 3500 4x4 Dually and have no issues raising my camper high enough to load and unload (with about 6" of clearance). It is an Adventurer camper not a Lance but I believe they both use the same Happijac jack systems.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:28 PM