post May 17 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,985
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Don't know
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 Ram 3500 DRW
Type of Tiedowns used: None Yet
Truck and Camper Setup: Still looking

Hello everyone. I’m trading in my 36 ft 5er toy hauler for a heavy truck camper on Monday. Lance 1172. I will be towing my Jeep on a trailer as well.
Wet weight of the camper will be about 5k. Plus another 500 when the Jeep is back there.

I have a 2011 Ram 3500 DRW with a Cummins . I installed some Airlift 7500 lb bags recently. I have never used bags before. So couple questions.

Do I want to raise the back of the truck up to the level it normally is when empty? Or is a little squat desired? .

When I load the camper should I have a little air in them, a lot of air? Basically should I prefill the bags?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
JADE RACING
post May 17 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,895
Favorite Truck Camper(s): adventurer
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 07 gmc 3500 dually D/A
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift/fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 07GMC3500 dually diesel/auto airbags torklift tiedowns/fastguns 56 gal transferflow tank banks spd brake/tuner;06 adventurer 106DBS 2.5ownan geny awning topper torklift stairs remote bbq rear awning ext trl hitch/basket for sewer tote

we had a 5th wheel and had air bags which helped the squat after inflating, but since having our 2nd t/c I have kept a minimum of about 5lb when the t/c is unloaded and after loading I bump up the pressure to about 45 lb's and check the ride as they aren't for carrying the weight as much as stabilizing the cornering ability as well as road deviations. Just my take. I would not increase the air pressure in the bags til I loaded the camper and if loading a trailer that is adding weight to the truck. Every combination will give different results as to weight on the truck verses the air pressure in the bags. Experiment! Good Luck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:52 AM