IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Using Adventurer 90FWS Camper Off the truck, Can it be done?

aqualung
post Feb 9 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

I'm about to buy an Adventurer 90FWS camper. I've read in the manuals they have on their website that you can't load or unload the camper if you have water in the tanks. Also if the camper is off the truck then it has to be supported. Is this really true or are they just covering their butts? I've talked to the dealers who say they do it all the time but are they just trying to make a sale?

Does anyone out there have a 90FWS and unload it while the fresh water tank is full? Do you use your camper off the truck and if so how do you support it?

Thanks a bunch for any help. huh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mh45472
post Feb 9 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,941
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Elkhorn 8R
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: GMC Sierra 2500 HD SRW 4 x 4 Ext. Cab Short box
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: GMC 2500 HD, Air bags, Happijacs, custom hitch box extension, Fleetwood Elkhorn 8R, pretty much loaded

I have an Elkhorn and I have loaded & unloaded it with tanks full. I also use it off truck. I lower it down as low as possible & use 2 jack stands & a 4' 2 x 4 under the front floor or the camper. I lower it til it just touches the 2 x 4 so most weight is still on the front jacks but supporting it takes a lot of the jiggle out. The rear doesn't sway much 'cuz the jacks are attached in two places each with one being low.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:58 AM