[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Generator?

DA TOAD
post Jun 29 2016, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

Our new camper can with one of the Honda 2000 generators. It is a heavy little sucker. Difficult to get into the storage compartment that is supplied for it on our Arctic Fox sad.gif ...but it is what is.

For those of you that do carry the generators with you; how much gas do you carry along and what type of container dot you carry it in. I am a little leary about carrying 2-3 gallons of extra gas. wink.gif

I am testing the generator today for the first time hooked up to the camper to make sure I know how it works and if it works properly. I have not tested the generator yet to see how long it runs on a full tank of gas. This weekend I plan on filling it up in the morning, turning the air conditioner and refrigerator on and probably a few lights to see how it runs and how long it will run on a full tank of gas under a load.

Any tips or suggestion greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
janojebo
post Feb 4 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,337
Favorite Truck Camper(s): fj crusier
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: fj crusier, suv jeep
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: My truck camping rig set up for “base camp” mode

I am normally a Honda man...but because of money issues I purchased this Champion 7336i 2000 watt generator w/inverter and have found it performs better than my Honda 2000 watt generator and it's much quieter also...the best part is that it was $600.00 cheaper and I could buy two for the same price as my Honda...it's definitely a best buy for a 2000 watt generator w/inverter...my brother liked it so much that he has ordered one also...It does run 9.5 hours on a single gallon of gas...I am very happy with it
user posted image
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Feb 5 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

QUOTE(janojebo @ Feb 4 2017, 04:44 PM)
I am normally a Honda man...but because of money issues I purchased this Champion 7336i 2000 watt generator w/inverter and have found it performs better than my Honda 2000 watt generator and it's much quieter also...the best part is that it was $600.00 cheaper and I could buy two for the same price as my Honda...it's definitely a best buy for a 2000 watt generator w/inverter...my brother liked it so much that he has ordered one also...It does run 9.5 hours on a single gallon of gas...I am very happy with it
user posted image

I have a single one of yours. Good little units I might add and the price is even better.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:50 AM