SidecarFlip
post Mar 14 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

You'd think these clowns would have something better to do like play on the Interstate, jump off a tall bridge or get out of their parent's basement and get a job and be a productive citizen.

Probably a fantasy. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hooter56
post Mar 14 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,373
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: GMC 3500HD 4WD
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Lance 950S

I agree, completely. I tried reporting, but that didn't work.
+Quote Post
Nobody
post Mar 15 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,339
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '99 Ford F-250 SuperCab long bed, 7.3L Power Stroke
Type of Tiedowns used: Blackstone Mfg Co Camper Clampers, looking for TorkLift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2003 SunLite 8.5 WTSB, modified roof lift to support roof air

I think they're probably European 'hackers'. The site has experienced this kind of thing before. Usually 'Spanky' has it all cleaned up in a day or so... Dunno why they seem to pick this site. Must be easy to hack?
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Mar 16 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

QUOTE(hooter56 @ Mar 14 2017, 07:21 PM)
I agree, completely. I tried reporting, but that didn't work.

Yea it happens from time to time, this aint nothin, when I first got ahold of this forum it was a mess, dont know who you could have reported it to but I got no messages about it. I drive a truck over tha road and am gone Sunday tru Wed and then reload and back on Thur night so sometimes it takes me a day or so to clear it up. Right now all seems to be good. Except Im tired and need to go camping. Not sure either why they pick on us but I can fix it with the "hunt and peck" system.

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Mar 16 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

QUOTE(Spanky @ Mar 16 2017, 06:41 PM)
Yea it happens from time to time, this aint nothin, when I first got ahold of this forum it was a mess, dont know who you could have reported it to but I got no messages about it. I drive a truck over tha road and am gone Sunday tru Wed and then reload and back on Thur night so sometimes it takes me a day or so to clear it up. Right now all seems to be good. Except Im tired and need to go camping. Not sure either why they pick on us but I can fix it with the "hunt and peck" system.

You are making me tired. I'm a retired over the road machinery hauler (not an owner operator but a nice, cushy company driver so retirement means a pension). Did that for decades (what you do). Don't miss it at all. I do miss the double bunk Western Star with the 15 speed but the rest, not really.
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Mar 16 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

I have a 2010 359 Pete, 63 inch flat top, 475 Cat 13 speed. I pull recycle materials for several landfills here in Southern New Mexico, Bails of Single stream stuff(paper,plastic,cardboard) in my 09 48X102 Wilkins walking floor trailer to Tucson and Flagstaff, scrap tires over to West Texas. I also have a 3 axle lowboy that I move their grader, dozer, loader and whatnot to their jobsites. Best haul I have ever had, got keys to all their locations and I just go in and load myself, weigh it out and be gone. They leave me little notes on my windshield sometimes as to what they want done. Turn in my paperwork and they pay without question. Im on my 42 year of truckin and still love every minute of it. Ill retire at noon on the day I die.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Nobody
post Mar 16 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,339
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '99 Ford F-250 SuperCab long bed, 7.3L Power Stroke
Type of Tiedowns used: Blackstone Mfg Co Camper Clampers, looking for TorkLift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2003 SunLite 8.5 WTSB, modified roof lift to support roof air

QUOTE(Spanky @ Mar 16 2017, 06:41 PM)

Spanky, I've tried numerous times to report such spam but when I click on the 'Report' button I get a dialogue box on the next page that says something that doesn't really make sense. Appears when the site is 'hacked' with those spam messages they also disable the report function somehow or other... If it happens again I'll see if I can get a copy of the dialogue box message & PM it to you.
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Mar 16 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #8

I always check in pretty much when I return. When I first took this on I sat for almost 4 hours deleting and barring over 250 spam post and posters. Maybe it wont be too much trouble. I tried to get in touch with admin myself but they dont check in very often.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:35 AM