post Mar 6 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,070
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Chevy 2500HD
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: None

I plan to put a set of Rickson 19.5 wheels on my Chevy 2500HD. Probably add XDS Michelins also. My rig will eventually carry a Lance 971, 1030 or 1055 camper. Shipping four of these bad boys requires a substantial outlay. I live in eastern Illinois and Rickson is located in Maryland. Has anyone from the Midwest simply traveled to Ricskson and had the wheels/tires installed at their shop rather than fool with shipping, etc.? What do you think?

Thanks for your ideas,
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Sardaro
post Jun 9 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,164
Favorite Truck Camper(s): artic fox or lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F350 4x4 SRW Extended cab
Type of Tiedowns used: ? tiedowns are bolted to truck frame
Truck and Camper Setup: F350, air springs, frame mounted tie downs, Lance mod. 1150

Mike, I run LT270 70R 18 MS on my F350 with single rear wheels. Haul a Lance 1130, approximately 4000lbs wet. Have been all through the Adirondaks in NY, the Greens in Vermont, Minnesota cold and Death Valley heat, without a problem.

I've checked out the Rickson wheels and bridgestone tires, because I'm looking at an Arctic Fox 1160, that is heavier(about 5500 wet). Much less expensive than a new F450 would be, at approximately $3200.00, shipped to New York. My wife won't let me buy a dual rear wheel truck, because she thinks they are ugly! Rickson says, thier 19.5x6.75 steel wheel (5000lbs rated) with Bridgstone 245/70R19.5 (4940lbs load) along with my present air springs, will do the job.

The shipping to New York, is $212.00. That's what I figure fuel would cost to run from the Mid-Hudson Valley,where I live, to Hunt Valley in Maryland. About a 600 mile round trip. Think I'll wait at home for the delivery truck. Of course, if you are looking for an excuse to travel to the east coast, what better one could you have? "Honey, have to run to the tire shop! See you in a few days (or weeks)."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 AM