post Jan 26 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,037
Favorite Truck Camper(s): sun valley
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F250
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2004 Sun-Lite Eagle WT on 2005 Ford F250

Just bought my first truck camper and need some advice. I put a deposit on a used 2004 Sun Valley (Sun Lite) Eagle WT. Will be picking it up later this week. The current owner has a wiring harness that runs from the camper (appears to be a 6 way) to his pig tail (4 way). He was not sure whether it charged the battery in the camper. My preference would be to use the factory trailer 7 way on my Ford F250 and run a long connection to the 6 way on the camper and hopefully charge the battery in the camper. The camper's connector is at the very front of the camper, a wiring distance of more than 7 feet since that is the length of the bed. Am I thinking right about what I need?

Also, understand Sun Valley has gone belly up. I've called and emailed them and got no response? I need a owner's manual. Does anyone know where I could get one for a this used unit?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Jan 31 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

That is the way I have mine setup. Turn on your truck key and check the plug you should have power to one of the prongs, That is your "charge line". Plug your cable into it and check if you have power at the camper end of the cable. If so remove the charge line from your camper battery, plug cable into camper and check to see if you have power to that wire if so then yes truck is charging the battery. If not, then you will have to trace the charge wire from your battery and make sure it matches the wire that is hot from your truck. Hope that makes sense.

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
Mulepick
post Feb 9 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,076
Favorite Truck Camper(s): had Lance, looking at Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '06 F-250 now looking at F-450
Type of Tiedowns used: Tork w/Fast
Truck and Camper Setup: Air bags, sway bar

QUOTE(KenC @ Jan 26 2009, 11:21 AM)
Just bought my first truck camper and need some advice. I put a deposit on a used 2004 Sun Valley (Sun Lite) Eagle WT. Will be picking it up later this week. The current owner has a wiring harness that runs from the camper (appears to be a 6 way) to his pig tail (4 way). He was not sure whether it charged the battery in the camper. My preference would be to use the factory trailer 7 way on my Ford F250 and run a long connection to the 6 way on the camper and hopefully charge the battery in the camper. The camper's connector is at the very front of the camper, a wiring distance of more than 7 feet since that is the length of the bed.  Am I thinking right about what I need?

Also, understand Sun Valley has gone belly up. I've called and emailed them and got no response?  I need a owner's manual.  Does anyone know where I could get one for a this used unit?

Yeah, that's the way I did mine. Some outfit, whose name escapes me right now, makes a pigtail that goes out fm my 7pin Ford alongside my Lance to where it plugs into the camper. It also has spliced in a shorter length to accomodate an add'l trailer you might be towing. I changed the Lance plug to 7 pin and use the center, thick wire for charging.

Bob
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:30 PM