RV_Tech
post Mar 15 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

I was just noting how websites control their reviews. Etrailer asks for a review after you receive your merchandise as does Real Truck. The reviews all seem exceptionally positive. Maybe they are genuine, but maybe not. You can't just go to the website and post a review and they all make Etrailer sound like a God for fast shipping. No always the case. On my last order I paid for three day shipping and it took six business days to arrive. And so it goes.

I also watch a lot of YouTube install videos and can't help but notice the ones from Etrailer and Torklift skip over the hard to do steps. It all seems more to me like a marketing ploy. The truck frame is always spotless, the wheel and spare tire are already off, etc. etc.

I did discover Amazon will print negative reviews because they printed mine blasting TorkLift for marketing tie downs that did not work on their stated application. Man. i get so tired of folks who just sell, sell, sell, and give not thought to the trouble it causes consumers!

I also just received a rubber mat I ordered off Real Truck. The website states 4x8, it arrives labeled 4x8, but when I open it, is 46 1/2" wide, not 48". It is not that it will not work. It is just the manufacturer saves money by a slight reduction in size to save on material.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Mar 15 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Welcome to my cynical world. What's almost as bad is when you call them out and listen to there rehearsed reply.

I place a very high value on the testimonials. Most people are honest about there evaluations. My Tork Lift purchase was flawless through Tweeties and my bed mat also arrived with no drama. Sometimes, even I get lucky.
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Mar 15 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

QUOTE(Freespool @ Mar 15 2017, 05:50 PM)
Welcome to my cynical world.  What's almost as bad is when you call them out and listen to there rehearsed reply.

I place a very high value on the testimonials.  Most people are honest about there evaluations.  My Tork Lift purchase was flawless through Tweeties and my bed mat also arrived with no drama.  Sometimes, even I get lucky.

I think most folks who post reviews are honest. What I question is whether the bad reviews get posted when the manufacturer or retailer is the one who decides what to out on their site.

For example, today ETrailer called me about an order I placed last Friday for which I paid extra to get three day shipping. They did not have it in stock and they called to advise me today it would be drop shipped from the manufacturer tomorrow and I would get it Monday, but I was advised I was still getting three day shipping even though it would take a total of six business days. No apology, just a voice on the phone talking nonsense. I will see what they do when I file my review. It is disgusting because it often does boil down to luck. Is everyone really deliriously happy with Tork Lift or ETrailer? I seriously doubt it, but to read the reviews that is what one would surely conclude.
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Mar 15 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

QUOTE(RV_Tech @ Mar 15 2017, 06:00 PM)
I think most folks who post reviews are honest. What I question is whether the bad reviews get posted when the manufacturer or retailer is the one who decides what to out on their site.

For example, today ETrailer called me about an order I placed last Friday for which I paid extra to get three day shipping.  They did not have it in stock and they called to advise me today it would be drop shipped from the manufacturer tomorrow and I would get it Monday, but I was advised I was still getting three day shipping even though it would take a total of six business days. No apology, just a voice on the phone talking nonsense. I will see what they do when I file my review.  It is disgusting because it often does boil down to luck. Is everyone really deliriously happy with Tork Lift or ETrailer? I seriously doubt it, but to read the reviews that is what one would surely conclude.

You found out the hard way...

I hold no candle in E-Trailer at all and the TL website, isn't it amazing that every unit is spotless? that is not real life, thats fantasy life.

Even Harbor Freight publishes negative reviews without question. ETrailer never has a negative review.

I feel bad you had to learn a lesson about mounting the TL front mount, but again, if you had asked, I would have recommended the HappyJac front mount and the TL rear mount... but you didn't. You coulkd have ordered the HJ front mount directly from the manufacturer, they have a website and online store btw.

I always first attempt to purchase manufacturer direct and the from a dealer second.

Let us know when it arrives and you install it (not hard compared to the TL front mount) and pick up your new unit.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:31 PM