Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,245
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance Model 780
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1985 Ford F250 Diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: 1985 Ford F250 Diesel with Lance Model 780

Hi,

my Name is Torsten i am new here and i am from Germany.

I get a old classic Lance Model 780 from 9/1985 that i like to restore but before i start this i search for all informations that i can get.

Today i check all funktions all work exept the Waterheater, because i dont know how to start this unit.

user posted image

the Heater that you can see in the Picture is what i found in my Camper but i have no Instructions for this Camper.

I turd the red knop on the top to Pilot than i press the red button on the left down, i hear Gas comming but i dont have a ignition Spark from the smal black unit. There is a switch that can switch on and Off its in ON-Position but nothing happends sad.gif

Can anyone tell me what i have to do to start this unit?

sorry for my bad English

Best regards from Germany

Torsten
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
SidecarFlip
post Nov 5 2016, 08:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

Torsten'....

Keep in mind that payload on any truck is the combined weight in the bed plus the occupants, plus the fuel, plus every accessory.

Myself, I don't believe an F250 is stout enough for a dull size Lance without extensive modification to the suspension (air bags, helper leaves and sway bars), plus you need to take into account that the running gear (wheel bearings, brakes, transmission and engine) will be operating at the extreme end of their capacity.

I have an F350 myself and it's extensively modified with air bags, heavy duty shocks, steering damper, oversized sway bars, limited slip differentials (Detroit Tru-trak in the back, ARB in the front, added cooling for the transmission and oversize LT rated 10 ply tires.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:02 PM