IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 2006 Lance New Floor Plans, new floorplans....

BobC
post Nov 4 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Just recieved my Lance 2006 Brochure, noticed the new floor plans, which have new holding tanks and much more.

Anybody else see the new models? If so, what do you think?

The 1055 looks interesting.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hoagie
post Nov 10 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 24

Hey BobC, I'm picking up my 2006 Lance 1181 friday morning. Its the start of a new adventure in life!!...I saw the 1055, what a camper!
+Quote Post
BobC
post Nov 10 2005, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2

Congratulations on your new camper. smile.gif
Keep us up to date with your new adventures.

Post pics.
rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
hoagie
post Nov 16 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(BobC @ Nov 10 2005, 08:53 PM)
Congratulations on your new camper.   smile.gif
Keep us up to date with your new adventures.
            Post pics.
             rolleyes.gif

BobC, This Lance 1181 is everything I thought it would be, and more! Its 8 degrees tonight, with wind and blowing snow and its as warm as toast in it (and no water freezing problems at all). I'm lounging in the cabover watching a movie as I type too! I'm new to this digital, wireless photo age, but I'll try to post some pics soon. Whoever is looking for a truck camper? I strongly recomend any Lance!
+Quote Post
toby
post Nov 17 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5

Hoagie,
Congrats on your new purchase. What a site that must be watching the snow blow from your camper. Sounds all warm and cozy. Where are you anyway?
Toby
P.S. also looking forward to some pics
+Quote Post
hoagie
post Nov 18 2005, 02:48 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(toby @ Nov 17 2005, 07:38 AM)
Hoagie,
Congrats on your new purchase.  What a site that must be watching the snow blow from your camper.  Sounds all warm and cozy.  Where are you anyway?
Toby
P.S. also looking forward to some pics

Hey there Toby,
We are from Little Falls , MN...Winter was some what late getting here, but it's here now for at least 6 months..LOL. In any event, life goes on, my feet are plated on the ground, and I'm taking air in!!!
+Quote Post
hoagie
post Nov 18 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(hoagie @ Nov 18 2005, 02:48 AM)
Hey there Toby,
We are from Little Falls , MN...Winter was some what late getting here, but it's here now for at least 6 months..LOL. In any event, life goes on, my feet are plated on the ground, and I'm taking air in!!!

Toby,
I'll work on the picture thing. I have a digital camera, but I'm learning how to use the dang thing..lol.
+Quote Post
HarryBB
post Nov 18 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 112

QUOTE(hoagie @ Nov 18 2005, 03:57 AM)
Toby,
I'll work on the picture thing. I have a digital camera, but I'm learning how to use the dang thing..lol.

Hey Hoagie, I'm just down the raod in Big Lake .... on the river with the swans.

Picked up an 1121 in Dallas last weekend and it's sitting in my drive winterized.

Where are you in LF?

HB
+Quote Post
beddows
post Nov 19 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 101

Congrats on your new camper. Not trying to scare you but there have been some issues with sagging under the slide on some 1121's. I'm not sure if they have been rectified or not. Fortunately Lance is a large, reputable company & will likely take care of any problems that may show up. Anyway the warning signs are a slide that stops as it goes in, then will resume after a few seconds. This is caused by binding & the motor overheating. When it cools the slide will go in a bit more. Some dealers will fix this by lubricating, but it is only a temporary fix. If this happens immediately check the straightness of the supporting area under the slide. I am not picking on Lance in particular, I have received emails from owners of no less than 4 brands of campers that have experienced problems with slide sag. It is especially pronounced on full wall slides. A few manufacturers are learning the hard way that they need to reinforce slide openings more than they have.

North American Truck Camper Owners Association

Here are a couple of threads on the NATCOA Forum in which Bob Mehrer(Snowriver1), the president of SnowRiver campers who pioneered slides in TC's, comments on the issue. They also had to rebuild the first few they produced for the same problem.

Post 1

Post 2

--------------------
Paul Beddows
North American Truck Camper Owners
Terry (wife) & Tomas (Dog)
Abbotsford BC, Canada

2004 Silverado 3500 Dmax DRW
2008 Snow River 10.8 Prestige Signature edition
Honda Eu2000i
Coleman Polar Cub A/C
Homemade 8 x 4 x 2 Utility Trailer

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
toby
post Nov 22 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 5

I'm sure if you didn't notice anything then you are fine. Lance is a fine company and is the largest manufacturer of truck campers in America so if this was a big issue they would have offered some kind of a recall. Congrats on your new unit and enjoy it. Life is too short to look for problems. It's almost like saying be cautious of firestone because of a problem they had. Big companies take care of problems or they wouldn't be in business. I would still rather go with a popular name brand then I would a secondary one just knowing I would be taken care of.
Still waiting for those snowy pics. biggrin.gif
Toby
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 10:04 PM