post Apr 28 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,765
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F-250 4X4 Diesel Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Lance 845, Airbags

Has anyone stayed in San Francisco? I'm going to a concert at the Filmore and was wondering if anyone had any experience with just parking somewhere and sleeping in the camper. I was thinking of parking in a pay lot that allows 24 hour parking and them just quietly getting in the camper to sleep fairly late at night.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
fivealive
post Aug 23 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,693
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Alaskan
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 CC SRW 4x4
Truck and Camper Setup: 99 F350 with 88 Sunlite Condor Pop-up

Also I can also add that I have successfully camped in San Francisco and other bay city's many times with no issues. Stay clear of Marin County, Sonoma County, and the city of Santa Cruz. San Jose, Oakland, and San Fran are all good for up to 72 hours in any legal parking spot not otherwise posted. Not sure on any of the other surrounding city's.

If your on vacation though I wouldn't bother sleeping in the city. Go down Hwy 1 and the good camping turn-outs start appearing just south of Half Moon Bay. There are a lot of good ones going all the way down to Santa Cruz.
+Quote Post
AraWithSpirit
post Jan 18 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,371
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northern Lite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 Ford 4 doors Long bed
Truck and Camper Setup: 2013 Northern Lite 9.8 Q SE AnchorGuard tie downs 2000 Ford f350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 4 door Long bed Rear Camper package Rear air bags Progressive lockers Honda 2000 Genset 120W soft 12V 4lb panels 1 140amp/h sealed deep cycle battery . 1995 BMW GS with Ural Sidecar.

QUOTE(fivealive @ Aug 23 2014, 11:26 PM)
Also I can also add that I have successfully camped in San Francisco and other bay city's many times with no issues.  Stay clear of Marin County, Sonoma County, and the city of Santa Cruz.  San Jose, Oakland, and San Fran are all good for up to 72 hours in any legal parking spot not otherwise posted.  Not sure on any of the other surrounding city's.

If your on vacation though I wouldn't bother sleeping in the city.  Go down Hwy 1 and the good camping turn-outs start appearing just south of Half Moon Bay.  There are a lot of good ones going all the way down to Santa Cruz.

Might be doing that coast this coming spring. So it is OK to spend the night at pull outs on Highway #1? We generally stay away from CA because of the cost being so high on everything.

BTW, as far as urban camping, hospital parking lots are great [they also always have an open cafeteria!], welcome center after their closing time which is generally 5pm [they always leave their WiFi on], garage parking lots as long as you are out of there early before they open. In little town in their park parking lots. It will generally say "no overnight parking" and I then go to the police staion, show them my credentials and ask them politely [while incredibly tired!] if I could just sleep there until morning. Has never been a problem and actually they will notify the night shift which will pass by/patrol and make sure you are alright. Of course 99.99% of the time we are on BLM or National Forest lands but we do have to go food shopping at times!
Hope this help.

--------------------
Stay well, Ara and Spirit
www.theoasisofmysoul.com
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:04 AM