Freespool
post Sep 18 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Well it's finally done, the new truck is now is equipped with a brand new 20K super hitch, air bags Tallon tie downs,Fastguns, locks and both wire harnesses. I will be using a 42" truss. The reason for the post is to talk about cost and weight. I know I went top of the line and even had it installed but 3715, REALLY, OUCH. I personally think this is 1 of many reasons why truck campers make up a small percentage of the RV industry. I shopped for the parts and got the best deal, the labor is a different story, I will just leave it at that. Here are my first thoughts, the hitch appears to be well made and well fastened. The truss, simply put is a beast, HD is an understatement, I can only imagine what this thing weighs when paired with a load distribution receiver and bars. The Tallon tie downs fit well and look pretty strong. I was surprised to see how sloppy the inserts fit, there must be 1/8 of an inch slop. I would have preferred bigger, thicker and snugger fitting outside ends. The outside ends are secured with a light duty wire dowel part, I may opt for bolts and nuts in the future. The camper will be mounted in couple weeks, hopefully my wife and I will be happy with our substantial investment. I will be writing an extensive review on the camper and will touch on the truck and all it's add on's at the conclusion of my first outing. Hopefully my insights along with others will help all the first time buyers out there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:36 PM