IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Newbie 855S - Slide Dinette modifications, 2019 855S slide dinette replacement

Kstarr5
post Feb 9 2021, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,068
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: f350
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: F350, 855S

With the slide closed, the bathroom cannot be accessed on the 855S which is aggravating. Has anyone done any modifications to remove the right booth by the entry door? If the height of the long booth wall was not there it seems you would be able to step on the slide and slide the bathroom door open. I was even thinking why they couldnt make that a half booth or 2/3rds booth instead of one that extends all the way into the walk space. Salesman told us just to open slide a few inches to access the bathroom. I called Lance corporate and they said NO!. The slide should always be extended completely out in order to not get the motors out of balance. Any suggestions? Any modifications that have been successful? Thank you!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kstarr5
post Feb 9 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,068
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: f350
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: F350, 855S

QUOTE(Kstarr5 @ Feb 9 2021, 07:18 PM)
With the slide closed, the bathroom cannot be accessed on the 855S which is aggravating.  Has anyone done any modifications to remove the right booth by the entry door?  If the height of the long booth wall was not there it seems you would be able to step on the slide and slide the bathroom door open.  I was even thinking why they couldnt make that a half booth or 2/3rds booth instead of one that extends all the way into the walk space.  Salesman told us just to open slide a few inches to access the bathroom.  I called Lance corporate and they said NO!. The slide should always be extended completely out in order to not get the motors out of balance.  Any suggestions? Any modifications that have been successful? Thank you!!

Tell your husband to get you a plane.. just kidding!! Dealers can be confusing at times. That is right about the slide.....full extension is required
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:44 AM