post May 17 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,473
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Not sure yet
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: None
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: Nothing yet

We are in the market to purchase our first TC. We have narrowed our search to the Eagle Cap 1165, Host Mammoth & Host Everest. I am curious about the toilet. Most RV's & TC's I have seen the toilet is mounted on floor level with the sink & shower, while the Host Mammoth & Everest sit on a raised pedestal. While I imagine it would work fine with the toilet supplied, we would like to replace the toilet with a composting toilet and I am concerned the toilet might be too high, though not sure of the exact height measurements. What is purpose of the raised pedestal and if it were to present a problem, is it removable?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post May 18 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

QUOTE(Hermes1 @ May 17 2017, 04:37 PM)
We are in the market to purchase our first TC.  We have narrowed our search to the Eagle Cap 1165, Host Mammoth & Host Everest.  I am curious about the toilet.  Most RV's & TC's I have seen the toilet is mounted on floor level with the sink & shower, while the Host Mammoth & Everest sit on a raised pedestal.  While I imagine it would work fine with the toilet supplied, we would like to replace the toilet with a composting toilet and I am concerned the toilet might be too high, though not sure of the exact height measurements.  What is purpose of the raised pedestal and if it were to present a problem, is it removable?

I hope you are going to get rid of your Dodge 3500 DRW and get a truck capable of handing the weight. It's not big enough.

Why do you want a composting crapper anyway? You planning on growing mushrooms of the composted peat moss?

We have one in our hunting cabin and it's a necessity but a PITA to deal with.
+Quote Post
skyhammer
post May 18 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,520
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 F-350,4WD,CC,DRW
Type of Tiedowns used: Tork lift fast guns
Truck and Camper Setup: Air bags, tork lift stable loads,Reese extension hitch. Host 11.5' triple slide

I would listen to someone who actually owns an Everest or Mammoth.
My Everest is a 2012 model, so it has had the toilet on the floor until I removed it. I never had an occasion to use it.
My camper weighs 4316lbs with 2 full 30lb propane tanks and 2, 6 volt batteries.
My payload is a little over 5000lbs.
The most my camper has weighed, including a 4500lb jet is is the following.
Front axle-4550lbs, axle rated at 5940lbs.
Rear axle- 9000lbs, axle rated at 11,000lbs.
This weight included 60 gallons of water, 10 gallons from full.I usually travel with half a full water tank.
Boat adds 300lbs to rear axle.
I weigh my rig during each trip, the weight can vary easily by 1000lbs.
My truck is a 2011, new models have more payload a higher GVWR
and are few 100 lbs lighter.
I would guess that Host raised the toilet so it would easier to get off it.
Mine sat fairly low, but I never sat on mine.
If you don't want a toilet, tell Host not to install one,Host will do pretty much what you want.
If you don't want the standard toilet, you won't need the black tank either. While the bathroom sink drains into the black tank, it should not be hard to route it to the gray tank.
The newer Mammoth and Everest have at least one tank in a slide, that may complicate things. All my tanks are in the basement.

--------------------
2011, F-350,CC,DRW,6.7,4WD
Air bags, Tork Lift Stable Loads
Host, 11.5' Tripple Slide
Tork Lift Fast Guns
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post May 18 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

Buying a camper wot a crapper... and taking it out....strange, but then I understand it with you..... ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
skyhammer
post May 19 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,520
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 F-350,4WD,CC,DRW
Type of Tiedowns used: Tork lift fast guns
Truck and Camper Setup: Air bags, tork lift stable loads,Reese extension hitch. Host 11.5' triple slide

Well, the house I grew up in and still live in was built without a bathroom.
I remodeled the house (built in 1912) in 2007 and built a bathroom. I use the toilet once or twice a week.
Where I work on my 4000+ acre ranch there are no toilets. I used my first toilet when I was sent off to High School. Our Elementary School didn't have a bathroom either.
We don't have electricity or phone either. When I remodeled my house, I ripped out the acetylene plumbing and wired the house for electricity and bought a 45KW generator.
I made my own acetylene, which powered our lights, which looked and worked like a Coleman lantern.
I have no intention of handling sewage, It is bad enough cleaning up the stalls with a tractor.
I have always found toilets where I camp. I use the shower a lot.
My camper has many more modern conveniences than my home will ever have.

--------------------
2011, F-350,CC,DRW,6.7,4WD
Air bags, Tork Lift Stable Loads
Host, 11.5' Tripple Slide
Tork Lift Fast Guns
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 AM