post Mar 7 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,071
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northern Lite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F-250 Super Duty 4X4 Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Nothing yet.

I have the opportunity to purchase a truck camper for real cheap....$600 to be exact. Seems to be in good shape. The guy says it requires an 8' bed. I have a 2004 diesel Ford F-250 4X4 crew cab superduty but the bed is only 6'. I have read that you can put a longer camper in the truck by leaving the tailgate down. Will that work? Will it still hook up to the Happijac tie downs? Camper can be seen at the link below. Thanks very much. http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/1061370007.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LindaH
post Mar 11 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,829
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Eagle Cap
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually (Cummins engine)
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift w/Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Eagle Cap 950, 2 100-watt solar panels, 2 6-volt AGM batteries, 1000-watt pure sine wave inverter, Motosat Executive satellite TV dish, Torklift 5-step Glow Steps.

Your main problem will be the centers of gravity...truck vs camper. As long as they match (doubtful), you should be OK.
+Quote Post
brownies daddy
post Mar 12 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,068
Favorite Truck Camper(s): LANCE (Of Course)
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: FORD (WHAT ELSE?!!)
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Brownie is a great big beautiful 03 Ford f350 ,7.2 power stroke diesel,4x4 STX superduty crew cab ,she runs a super chip ,firestone airrite bags, with airrite dual control airbag compressos.she sports a pro comp 9.5 inch suspention lift ,37x12.5x16 pro comp x terrain tires,american raceing wheels, dual fox shocks,on the front and sigles in the rear,in the cab we have a alpine stereo system, a 950 watt alpine amp,boston acoustic speakers,alpine sub woofer , a cobra c.b with a firestick hood mounted attenna, on her back we have a Lance 980 11.3 camper, fully loaded with all the options,and we just installed a sattelite dish,she pulls with a reese towbeast class5 receiver with thr reese tow bar exstention .she pulls a 97 jeep tj and a 20 ft bayliner no problem, shes been in the sand ,mud ,snow and countless boat ramps and has never let me down

QUOTE(LindaH @ Mar 11 2009, 03:38 PM)
Your main problem will be the centers of gravity...truck vs camper.  As long as they match (doubtful), you should be OK.

dont put 10 pounds into a 5 pound bag you will be asking for trouble, find a short bed rig that fits your truck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 AM