post Feb 1 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,042
Favorite Truck Camper(s): don't have one yet
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2006 F-350 CC LB Diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: NA
Truck and Camper Setup: NA

I am looking for a good quality Truck Camper brand that is on the lower end of price. I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I want a good solid platform that is well built, holds it's value as well as holds up well and doesn't require a lot of maint. Would like something with heat, AC, Electric Jacks, and generator option. Still learning a lot about these units and I don't own one yet but I have been looking into Truck Campers off and on for about ten years. I am not familiar with any brands other than some off the names out there. This would be an entry level for me, my wife and teenage daughter so I would like to sleep a min of 4. A full bath would be nice but not necessary. One that is easy to load and unload and tie down to my f-350 long bed truck. Any thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
meredog
post Mar 5 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,025
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Star Craft
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 06 Dodge dually w cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: custom (belly bars w chains
Truck and Camper Setup: 1 Ton w/airbags

QUOTE(wfanney @ Feb 2 2009, 04:17 AM)
I am looking for a good quality Truck Camper brand that is on the lower end of price. I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I want a good solid platform that is well built, holds it's value as well as holds up well and doesn't require a lot of maint. Would like something with heat, AC, Electric Jacks, and generator option. Still learning a lot about these units and I don't own one yet but I have been looking into Truck Campers off and on for about ten years. I am not familiar with any brands other than some off the names out there. This would be an entry level for me, my wife and  teenage daughter so I would like to sleep  a min of 4. A full bath would be nice but not necessary. One that is easy to load and unload and tie down to my f-350 long bed truck. Any thoughts?

http://www.buggy.com/truckcamper.html
+Quote Post
wfanney
post Mar 5 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Are You recommending the Starcraft brand or just the link to a good camper with a good price
+Quote Post
brownies daddy
post Mar 12 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,068
Favorite Truck Camper(s): LANCE (Of Course)
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: FORD (WHAT ELSE?!!)
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Brownie is a great big beautiful 03 Ford f350 ,7.2 power stroke diesel,4x4 STX superduty crew cab ,she runs a super chip ,firestone airrite bags, with airrite dual control airbag compressos.she sports a pro comp 9.5 inch suspention lift ,37x12.5x16 pro comp x terrain tires,american raceing wheels, dual fox shocks,on the front and sigles in the rear,in the cab we have a alpine stereo system, a 950 watt alpine amp,boston acoustic speakers,alpine sub woofer , a cobra c.b with a firestick hood mounted attenna, on her back we have a Lance 980 11.3 camper, fully loaded with all the options,and we just installed a sattelite dish,she pulls with a reese towbeast class5 receiver with thr reese tow bar exstention .she pulls a 97 jeep tj and a 20 ft bayliner no problem, shes been in the sand ,mud ,snow and countless boat ramps and has never let me down

QUOTE(wfanney @ Feb 2 2009, 04:17 AM)
I am looking for a good quality Truck Camper brand that is on the lower end of price. I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I want a good solid platform that is well built, holds it's value as well as holds up well and doesn't require a lot of maint. Would like something with heat, AC, Electric Jacks, and generator option. Still learning a lot about these units and I don't own one yet but I have been looking into Truck Campers off and on for about ten years. I am not familiar with any brands other than some off the names out there. This would be an entry level for me, my wife and  teenage daughter so I would like to sleep  a min of 4. A full bath would be nice but not necessary. One that is easy to load and unload and tie down to my f-350 long bed truck. Any thoughts?

I would say a Lance or a Fleetwood caribou, but all the items you mentioned are sort of in the "bells and Whistles" categories, good luck hope you find your rig and have a great time out there
+Quote Post
TA_Pump
post Mar 14 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,069
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Fleetwood
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2001 F-350 4x4 crew cab SRW
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2001 F-350 7.3 PS Crew Cab Long Bed, 4 in lift, 35x12.5 Toyo Open Countries, 1994 11.5 ft Caribou Camper, Torklift tie downs

QUOTE(brownies daddy @ Mar 12 2009, 05:52 AM)
I would say a Lance or a Fleetwood caribou, but all the items you mentioned are sort of in the "bells and Whistles" categories, good luck hope you find your rig and have a great time out there

Ya, I agree with Brownies. I just got my 1994 Caribou and am LOVING it. Seems to be really well built, with tons and tons of storage. I dont have the AC or gen, but it does have electric jacks. I found that a lot of the older Lances are substantially more expensive than the Caribous and many other campers.
+Quote Post
wfanney
post Mar 14 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #6

I keep seeing people complaining about Lances leaking and rotting out inside the walls so I'm not so sure about that brand. Probably a really good brand but some of these post have made me gun shy about that brand. Any thought?
+Quote Post
RogerLA
post Mar 14 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,076
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F350
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1995 F-350 7.3 PS Crew Cab Long Bed Dually Super Hitch Airlift 1988 Lance 980 11.3

QUOTE(wfanney @ Mar 14 2009, 06:50 PM)
I keep seeing people complaining about Lances leaking and rotting out inside the walls so I'm not so sure about that brand. Probably a really good brand but some of these post have made me gun shy about that brand. Any thought?

I bought a 1988 Lance about a year ago and there are no signs of leaks. I'm very happy with it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM