Member No.: 4,437
Favorite Truck Camper(s): customs
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: dually 4x4 crewcab
Type of Tiedowns used: heavy duti
Truck and Camper Setup: Crewcab 4x4 gas

Hello everyone

Any hints or tricks to build this........user posted image

but to just have the back end flush with truck bed to the end of the tailgate

I found that image on google images. Its the look I want to go with for a camper. No windows, just plain white wood and 3 or 4 roof vents or sunroofs.

The crew cab is what I want, but an extended cab would do as well. 4x4, gasoline engine either fuel injected or carburated. The main thing I would do is tear out the back window and metal below it for quick, easy access into camper without getting out, slamming door closed, opening rear camper door, slamming that shut and getting the 6am knock.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 22 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,437
Favorite Truck Camper(s): customs
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: dually 4x4 crewcab
Type of Tiedowns used: heavy duti
Truck and Camper Setup: Crewcab 4x4 gas

Guess not, will just wing it then.

The main feature is going to be a bathroom on the tailgate side, have the urinal feed into a pex pipe routed behind the rear diff. Home depot bucket with the top cut out for the bathroom seat, using garbage bags for quick disposal.

I am going to make this puppy light. Since its summer, will just go 2x4 into bed sides, 1/2" ply with glue or good sealant. Make it look like a garbage hauling company or something, but plain no graphics, no phone number. Perhaps have a couple ladders on the roof for show.

Kick out the sliding rear window and saws all the metal back cab and metal truck box front for the stealth in/out. Will have way more room then a van or suburban.

I will still ponder the suburban idea, b/c that was my original blend-in boon docking choice for vehicle.
+Quote Post
BobC
post Jun 30 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(1888 @ Jun 21 2010, 01:25 AM)
Hello everyone
Any hints or tricks to build this........user posted image

but to just have the back end flush with truck bed to the end of the tailgate

I found that image on google images. Its the look I want to go with for a camper. No windows, just plain white wood and 3 or 4 roof vents or sunroofs.

The crew cab is what I want, but an extended cab would do as well. 4x4, gasoline engine either fuel injected or carburated. The main thing I would do is tear out the back window and metal below it for quick, easy access into camper without getting out, slamming door closed, opening rear camper door, slamming that shut and getting the 6am knock.

Check out this post from one of the forum members who has successfully built a truck camper. He has links to pictures and more information on his blog.
+Quote Post
Neverhome
post Jun 30 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,049
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F350, V10 4 X 4, 8'bed, Super Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2010 Ford F 350, V10 , 4 X 4 , Super Cab. Lance 1999, 2011 with air and genny. Happijac Tiedowns.

QUOTE(BobC @ Jul 1 2010, 02:12 AM)
Check out this post from one of the forum members who has successfully built a truck camper. He has links to pictures and more information on his blog.

I bet if you called the phone number on the side of the truck in the picture the owner may be able to give you some suggestions.

Neverhome
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:49 PM