post May 25 2021, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,117
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Only ever owned the one I have
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F150, GMC 2500
Type of Tiedowns used: CR Brophy
Truck and Camper Setup: Valor Camper with 15 GMC 2500

I recently got a new to me truck (15'GMC 2500) - It sits taller unloaded then my old truck and my camper jacks are maxed out getting it on - i could fit a couple sheets of paper between the camper and the truck bed and that is about it.

This isn't a huge deal at home but if I were to unload it at a camp site and it sank any or the ground was sufficiently uneven on the approach i could have trouble getting it reloaded.

The jacks are the manual crank one with removable tripod feet.

I couldnt find any one selling this sort of thing so im guessing the newer jacks must be taller.

I am pretty handy with a welder but I would like to see what other people made to solve this.

So far my best ideal is .120 wall DOM the same size as the existing leg, topped with 3/16 plate cut to the size of the tube, then sleeved with a larger piece of tubing on the top side that extends 6-8" to slide over the existing jack leg for support.

Figure they would be removable that way and plenty strong enough.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2Z Bundok
post May 28 2021, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,077
Favorite Truck Camper(s): none yet
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: GMC K2500 6.5td 8' std cab
Type of Tiedowns used: turnbuckle
Truck and Camper Setup: 94 GMC 6.5td w/ 97 Shadow Cruiser

We have the same type of jacks. I cut a slot in a deep well socket to fit over the drive shaft with pin in slot. Adapt socket to battery drill and off (or on) you go! We don't have a height problem but your solution sounds best. I suggest fastening your adapter to the tripods and having a method to verify full jack tube insertion to your stop plate. Fortunately we still have labels on the jacks to show full insertion to the trip-pods
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:39 AM