post Jun 1 2023, 07:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,985
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Don't know
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 Ram 3500 DRW
Type of Tiedowns used: None Yet
Truck and Camper Setup: Still looking

Okay my 2011 paid for RAM 6.7 cummins is coming to the end of its useful life. I am going to need a need truck soon. Not that many miles, but I have trouble keeping up with all the issues. I want a new truck to carry my really heavy Lance 1172 and flat tow my Jeep.

This gas truck is looking pretty appealing. Lots of payload, looks like it will be 6500lbs. Easier maintenance. Wanted the opinion from people who might have a set up like mine and have a Ford Godzilla. I live in Colorado and my playground is always west, so I have some serious passes to go over. Little worried about how much power I will have going over the mountains in the extreme altitude. I don't want to be that guy in first gear going 10 MPH up our climbs. Current set up can go up Ike Pass about 35-40.

My current setup is over-weighted. The payload of my truck is about 4700lbs, I current get about 9 MPG with my current set up. In the wind on the way back from Moab it normally drops to high 7's. Thanks in advance. Pic is current set up.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 PM