IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Another New Truck Camper Owner needing advise, Initial truck set up advice needed

trblmkr
post Feb 12 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,409
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 F350 DRW 4x4 FX4 Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2016 F350 and 2007 Lance 1191

Hello All

As of Friday I have officially entered the TC world by buying a 2007 Lance 1191 and really looking forward to this new to me way of camping. I have had very large 5th wheel toy hauler to small bumper pull toy haulers in the past, but this is my first TC.

I have a 2016 F350 DRW, FX4 4x4 pkg., CC, 14,000 lb. GVWR pkg., 5th wheel hitch prep pkg., high capacity trailer tow pkg., 4.30 gear and the wide track F450 front end. I will be towing a 7x14 enclosed trailer with three motorcycle and gear inside.

The previous owner of this TC had a 2009 Chev.3500 2wd that obviously stood higher and had stiffer suspension in the rear than my truck because his truck was still higher in the rear than the front with the weight of this TC completely loaded. He said that he did not have any aftermarket suspension equipment added and that he had traveled around like this for over two years without any handling problems at all. When I loaded this 1191 in my truck, my front end is higher than the rear now. I have never liked hauling or pulling anything when the front end was lighter and higher than the rear. The claimed dry weight from Lance is 3,905 lbs. and my understanding from Ford is that I have a Max cargo weight rating at 5,852 lbs. so I should be within my limits.

I have read that many claim air bags are not needed, but do improve the safety and ride while hauling a TC. I have also read that many claim that the Torklift stableload is all that is needed and some say that both are needed.

I truly want to be safe and have a great ride with this TC while towing a trailer as well as when the TC is off the truck. I would greatly appreciate your current/past experience and opinions on if air bags are needed, stableload is needed or any other suspension equipment is needed so that I can have a great and safe time with my 1191 TC.

Thank You for your advice and opinion,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 AM