post May 11 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,645
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW Crew
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastfuns
Truck and Camper Setup: Arctic Fox 992

This year we purchased the AF 992. We have two kids a 1 year-old and a 5 year-old.

We got a deal on this camper, but it didn't come with the bunk. Figured we could add it later. Now after our second trip in it - we are ready to put the little guy in a secure bunk....two nights and I think we have a combined 3 hours of sleep with him in the queen bed....

We are pretty remote, it would be a weekend ordeal to get to the dealer we purchased this from. Curious if anyone knows of or has installed a bunk themselves? I'm a little nervous about trying to anchor this to the walls of the slide out.

Plan to give Arctic Fox a call Monday to see if they would ship us a kit, they might require we go to the dealer though.

Travis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AKSuperDually
post Jan 15 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,281
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '00 F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
Type of Tiedowns used: Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: F350, mildly built 7.3L, airbags, exhaust brake, rancho 7000's, with an Arctic Fox 1150, with superhitch +hitch extension (superbar), fastgun tiedowns. Brought up the alcan with 10Klbs in tow.

When I bought my AF 1150, I was looking at a newer model a bit cheaper that didn't have the bunk. I asked about the kit, they told me it was near impossible to get depending on the year. Also said, it was not a nice install after the fact.

Could just be dealer talk, but it made sense at the time looking at it.

If you need any pics, I've got an '03 with the factory bunk installed in the slide. PM/Email me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:34 PM