IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Possible to get a TC with AC in a regular garage?, Possible to get a TC w/AC in garage?

shock
post Nov 4 2015, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,423
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino (that's what I'm looking to buy)
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2015 Chevrolet 2500 DMax Crew Cab Standard Bed
Type of Tiedowns used: Palamino Bronco 1251 (sold)
Truck and Camper Setup: Going back to a Suburban, and probably a pop-up tent camper.

I did a little searching and such but I'm not really finding any previous posts on the topic.

I live in town, which means I have a regular height garage door (about 80" clearance), and I can't leave a camper sitting in my driveway.

I originally imagined a soft-sided TC (maybe palomino SS-1251) with a low-profile A/C on a cart (maybe custom reico titan dolly).

Am I just crazy at thinking this is possible?

(I do not want to redneck-engineer the A/C off the side/back. I'm not good at doing that stuff myself and I don't want something I have to fool with all the time. The entire point is to have something that is easy to pack-up-and-go.)

If it matters, I have a Chevy 2500 crew cab with 6'6" bed.

If anyone can recommend a configuration that works, I would greatly appreciate it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shock
post Nov 10 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,423
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino (that's what I'm looking to buy)
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2015 Chevrolet 2500 DMax Crew Cab Standard Bed
Type of Tiedowns used: Palamino Bronco 1251 (sold)
Truck and Camper Setup: Going back to a Suburban, and probably a pop-up tent camper.

I think I worked it out with a 2009 Palomino Bronco 1251. I'll have to swap out the factory installed DuoTherm A/C roof unit (full size at about 13") with a Coleman Mach 8 Cub. That seemed to be my best option.

I actually have 82" of clearance. With it on a rolling cart/pallet, that the previous owner built, it sit at 71.5". The Coleman Mach 8 Cub is 8" so I'm at a hair-by-my-chinny-chin-chin of about 80". Let's hope the specs on the Mach 8 are honest.
+Quote Post
oleyankee
post Dec 6 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,883
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Western Wilderness
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1998 & 2011 Chevy K3500
Type of Tiedowns used: Straps
Truck and Camper Setup: Old Western Wilderness made for a Ford bed, modified to fit my Chevy

[quote=shock,Nov 4 2015, 04:47 PM]
I did a little searching and such but I'm not really finding any previous posts on the topic.

I bought car dollies that go under each wheel. They each have 4 wheels, and very maneuverable.

Take camper off of truck with a dolly under each stand.

Might want to make diagonal bracing for them, as camper is a little wobblier without.

Then just lower jacks, and push in garage.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:44 AM