post Feb 27 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,481
Favorite Truck Camper(s): N/A
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 extended cab long bed
Type of Tiedowns used: N/A
Truck and Camper Setup: N/A

Hey everyone as the title says I'm looking for my first camper. I am a professional bull rider so i am traveling alot throughout the nation and need something to cut back the expenses. Haven't looked incredibly hard for what type i want but i know the basics.
It needs to last, needs to be able to sleep a few people, and needs shower and toliet, and doesn't need to break the bank on the price tag. I have looked at a small company called Capri camper, but doesnt have everything i am looking for in it, price tag is right but not so much everything else.
My next idea was to buy a empty shell from a company and do the interior myself, done a few horse trailers so thats not a big deal. Do any of yall know if they sell empty shells for truck bed campers? Suppose a phone call to a company never killed anyone by asking them.
What do yall think? any specific brand maybe yall can steer me to on with all that in mind from up above.
Thanks in advance
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies(1 - 2)
aqualung
post Feb 27 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

There's lots of information on truck campers on this site:

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/

They also list a bunch of manufacturers plus get into details on how to select a camper or truck. I did notice that not all manufacturer's are listed here just the ones that sponsor the magazine.

Specifically you may want to check out LivinLite Campers. They have what you're looking for and they're all aluminum so no rot to worry about. Plus they're much lighter than your typical camper.

http://www.livinlite.com/truck-campers.php

Hope this helps.
+Quote Post
tom
post Feb 27 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,385
Favorite Truck Camper(s): ulta lite 1200lbs to me is not lite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: f150 ford
Type of Tiedowns used: home built to frame
Truck and Camper Setup: looked for something really lite, nothing on the market. Wanted something less than half of the rated weight load for a 1/2 ton truck.Like to be realistic about weight capacities. Built a totally aluminum unit. 8 ft. box, 80 in. wide, 80 in. high. With door, windows and AC and jacks I can still left one end by hand and I'm over 60. I'm guessing at this point unit must be around 200 lbs.

Try Capri Truck Campers. They sell a shell and will not break the bank.

Good Luck!
Tom
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 AM